Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Decent Tent Camping in and around Formby or the Northwest?
  • theredsnapper
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m picking a friend up on Friday from Liverpool airport and was looking for somewhere interest for the weekend, thought Formby sands might do, just can’t find much camping, for a tent, and not a tin one!

Any tips, advice or recommendations, even alternate places to head?

Cheers in advance,

Red

theredsnapper
    Free Member

Bumpety bump!

timc
    Free Member

Being from Crosby (down the road from Formby) & having spent a lot of time in Formby I can confirm its a great place for a day visit, not sure about a whole weekend. Also I don’t really know of much camping in the area, we dont get much of that round our way!

Also your 45-60 mins from Liverpool Airport, North Wales, Cheshire etc are equally as close.

If its deffo Formby I’ll get ‘Adrec’ to tell you the best drinking & eating establishments.

Also formby is only a short train journey from SOuthport or Liverpool if you do base yourself there!

At least you have the weather!

theredsnapper
    Free Member

Hi Tim,

Formby isn’t a definite, just thought the sands might make a good spot for a visit etc. We’re not fixed there and North Wales is an option to head to on Saturday afters, fancy doing a night under canvas somewhere decent, be that views or just beer and then heading back towards Matlock…so it’s not as if we’ll not be able to go somewhere in the peaks…just trying to find those North West gems, if there are any..:)?

Red

timc
    Free Member

Im sure you have come across the x2 main Caravan Parks in Formby, Have you checked if you can pitch a tent there?

Pieface

As a child we often stayed at ‘Riverside’ near Southport.

As a 4 year old I knocked out all my front teeth on the steel rocking horse in the playground.

oldschool

And I wouldn’t stay at Riverside if you paid me, went to the ‘nightclub’ there a few years back and it was booming/interesting.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They have a plague up there still 😉

I dont know of any that are anything other than caravan places tbh that take a tent.

as they said it is a good walk/beach/forest and nothing more one day tops there.

acidchunks

A friend used to work the door at that club, to say its rough would be a titanic understatement.

Leisure lakes just up the road would be a better option imo

Home

theredsnapper
    Free Member

Cheers guys, my memories of southport are miles of sand with no sea all explored on a two week non stop rain holiday as a kid!

Looks like I’ll be heading south over the border or back towards Cheshire!

I did look at Formby sites, they just seem to be tin tents and the folk that like that kind of thing..;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Decent Tent Camping in and around Formby or the Northwest?’ is closed to new replies.