Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Decent restaurant in Kendal
  • geoffj

I’ve asked before, but can’t remember the recommendations.
    My current favourite is the station inn at Oxenholme.
    Anywhere else decent?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The New Moon is fantastic.

Halfway up the High Street- opposite the cinema.

Trimix
    Free Member

There is one next to the RSPCA. Cheap grub.

Saintly
    Free Member

Jintana Thai restaurant opposite the Brewery arts, marvellous food if thats your thing.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Deja Vu, Windermere road end of town, it’s a little French bistro and always servers good food.

The biggest one is Paolo Giannis italian, its always chock full but i am not a fan of the food, overcooked pasta and burned pizza’s are not my bag really.

geoffj

Cheers folks, I’m not a fan of the New Moon or Paolo Gianni’s.
    Jintana or Deja Vu could be worth a punt.

Tragically, is Deja Vu the one on the opposite corner to Evans?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Geoff, yup that’s the one.

Alexanders pub is worth a look, its the pub in the grounds of the Castle Green hotel, its sort of gastro pub stuff but not too fussy, sort of traditional stuff done well, always had a good meal there.

crazy-legs

I’ve always really liked the Brewery Arts Centre pub – serves decent pizza and there’s a proper restaurant next door for a bit more variety.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I’ve always really liked the Brewery Arts Centre pub

I agree, although the service and quality can be a bit hit and miss. Good bet for a beer and pizza though if thats what you want.

geoffj

Last time I went to the Brewery Arts Centre pub, the service was shockingly bad.

It’s a shame that Kendal doesn’t have any restaurants that really stand out. I do like the Glass House in Bumblethwaite, but it’s a bit of a trek back after a night out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Decent restaurant in Kendal’ is closed to new replies.