• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Decent (probably waterproof..??) 3/4 length shorts that can fit over knee pads?
  • jackal
    Free Member

As the title really.
    Just wondering if anyone makes some decent hardwearing 3/4 length shorts that'll fit over knee pads (kyle straits)…?

It'd be nice if they were waterproof too, but having never used waterproof shorts, are they worth it…?

I normaly use dh/mx style trousers/shorts but fancy something a little lighter for all day/xc rides this winter.
    Recommendations please?

😀

pcb
    Free Member

A few of the guys I ride with use Endura Singletrack 3/4.

They look good, i'm getting a pair soon.

PCB

cinnamon_girl

I use the Gore Alp X waterproof shorts and today I wore them with knee pads. Mind you they are knee-length which I reckon is actually better than 3/4 cos they won't get caught up.

The Alp X are, funnily enough, made of Goretex Paclite so very unobtrusive and you don't notice you are wearing them. However, I don't reckon they would be much good over baggies.

jackal
    Free Member

Anyone use the altura attack 3/4 waterproofs…?
    Will these fit over knee pads?
    And would they be comfy enough to use all day, just over an inner short?

Cheers.

cp

I use the Attacks – yes, they will fit over pads. Mine are sized medium for a 33ish inch waist, and they only just go small enough, so be careful on sizing!

yep, they are comfy worn over liner shorts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Decent (probably waterproof..??) 3/4 length shorts that can fit over knee pads?’ is closed to new replies.