Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • decent lightweight waterproof jacket recommendation
  • Leon
    Free Member

Hi all,

for years (literally, 13!) I’ve been using a Lowe Apline shell as my waterproof. The trouble is it’s flappy, stained, clammy, and not actually waterproof.

On the plus side, it packs up into a really ball.

I’m looking for a recommendation for a waterproof, around £100, that is better!

Most important things:
    * fit (I’m tall and skinny, so I need long arms and something fairly close fitting)
    * breathability
    * bulk

stuff that’s not important
    * pockets
    * hoods
    * built in lights
    * other superfluous features

it’s mostly for use on short rides, and will be on and off I suppose. I’m unlikely to do any 7hour rides in constant rain, so I don’t need the full on adventurer kit

jedi

i just got a rain jacket from dakine. nice cut. taped seams and stretchy fabric too.

jamcorse

You gotta be comfortable in rain, so I spent a lot on the Gore one, Oxygen, I think. Long arms, slim cut super breathable and waterproof. Lightweight. Not cheap. But I’m happy with it

scotroutes

Aye – the Oxygen is a bit of weird shape when trying it on in the shop but is perfect for a road bike position

wiggles
    Free Member

Endura Xtract, light not to hot and waterproof. Quite tight fitting as well ibise it for all types of riding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘decent lightweight waterproof jacket recommendation’ is closed to new replies.