Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Decent Ipod Speaker Docks
  • shooterman

Can anyone recommend me a decent speaker dock that won't involve the cost of a decent full susser?

Went to the Bose store at lunch and they had a brilliant one playing but it was nearly 700 quid! Looking for something a bit more reasonably priced but don't know a lot about hi-fi.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Klipsch and JBL both make good ones.

J

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I got a bose one last Xmas and I think it was about £150. Its not brilliant but its only in the kitchen so its acceptable.

I hope to get a B&W Zeppelin for the living room this year but Mrs B isn't to keen.

falkirk-mark

My daughter bought a mini stereo for £170 with a dock on it. Sony 50 watts job. to my mind its not much bigger than the larger docks and sounds a lot better than anything in the price range

woody2000

If you like your music with a bit of volume and good bass, then I can wholeheartedly recommend the Griffin Amplifi (if you can still get hold of one). The Klipsch iGroove is also pretty good for the money and a decent price on Amazon.

Bimbler
    Free Member

A friend got a Bose one for Xmas last year – I was absolutely stunned at how truly awful it was, and then his partner told me the price, jeez. Don't buy one of those, SoundDock or something.

Coming to think of it what about a decen set of PC speakers and just plug in via jack socket – maybe not the neatest solution

nickc

The InGear ones aren't bad for the price they are, and JBL ones are a bit more pricey but they're reasonably good for their size. Not come across one I'd be happy to pay more than £50 on though

breatheeasy
    Free Member

If you've got £280 the Vita Audio R2i is excellent. Good build quality and sound in my opinion. And good reviews in What HiFi if you care about that sort of thing.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Or the Vita R4 if you want a CD player too.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

This one works for me. More power than i will ever need and very good high, low and mid range sound too.
    Has come down alot in price too. Was £230 when I bought mine.

nicko74

OK, but scaling it down a little… I'll probably get the missus an alarm-clock one for Christmas – she can't tell a £400 system from her TV, so what is there in the sub-£70 bracket?
    Ta

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Decent Ipod Speaker Docks’ is closed to new replies.