Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Decent helmet for road and mtb?
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

After a new doitall helmet. Needs to have a removable viser for road riding. Anyone recommend anything?

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll get flamed, but I’d recommend whatever fits best that you like the look of and can afford:

protection is more or less the same for all, fit is individual and style is personal.

If you are paying £30+ there are few crap helmets.

kiwijohn

Bell Volt. I’m on my second.
    Top dollar though, but cheaper than a head injury.

jonba
    Free Member

Bell volt or sweep for me. Depends what fits your head but these both have proper removable visors. I have a giro as well but after a couple of occasions of removing the visor it broke and wouldn’t go back on.

I find I just leave visors off for mtbing these days, they serve little purpose.

vondally
    Free Member

as cycical says…. what fits best

giros work for me

Northwind

Al is spot on. Sometimes more money gets you better features, sometimes not, but that’s all secondary to fit.

I use my old Giro Hex on the road now, but then I’m a really bad roadie. Visor, baggies and everything. But it’s a perfect fit, nicely vented, and totally comfy.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Giro Athlon for me, it’s the same as their Saros road helmet, I just add and remove the visor as needed. I also have a Met Veleno which is the same as the Stradivarius but it looks very big on and isn’t as nice quality. It does depend what fits you though, that’s the main thing.

faceplanter
    Free Member

With Specialized helmets the difference between Mountain and road is whether you take off or leave on the visor. I have the S3 that I use on and off road and looks the business in both. I find Spesh’s helmets fit like Giro’s do and the S3 has a ton of adjustment. Mind you, at £100+ you expect something for ur money!
    Tim.

Janesy
    Free Member

Yeah a safe head – and looking good. Love spesh helmets.

benjbish

+1 for Giro Athlon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Decent helmet for road and mtb?’ is closed to new replies.