Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Decent cart bearing rear hub – DMR revolver?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Considering buying one for someone – any views? Alternatives?

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got some DMR revolvers on a now parts bin consigned wheel.

They were built with mavic 719s and gave me about 7 years of good performance; the only reason I swapped was when I went a lighter hope hoops (flow) wheelset and they got stuck in the shed.

The bearings never needed or got any attention in that time. I changed the freehub once, when it seized up in the Alps.

Very good, underrated hub IMHO.

See also the on-one reetard hub; they are identical.

Dave

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cheers Dave, that’s the kind of info I like to hear.

mike_p
    Free Member

I had a rear Revolver bearing & freehub seize up on me after what I consider to be a fairly short time (i.e. XT or Hope go much longer). Not a whole lot of hassle to fix and not ruinously expensive to do so, but it’s unnecessary hassle & expense and I won’t buy them again.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve had no problem with DMR Revolvers on my two bikes over several years but I have heard of issues with seized freehubs (and the same with On-One Dog hubs which I believe were the same). I don’t ride in the rain much, so that might have something to do with it.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 pairs of revolver wheels. Have had to replace freehubs occasionally, but only every few years, and they’re cheap enough compared to Hope. Bearings have never needed any attention whatsoever.

llama

SS hubs are great, had one for years

coffeeking
    Free Member

Running theme or just wear and tear….hmmmm

I’ve replaced shimano freehubs a few times too. NEver had a hope (rear) hub, not sure the 2x price difference really pays back even if the freehub lasts twice as long?

kaesae
    Free Member

What bearings does the hub run?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Decent cart bearing rear hub – DMR revolver?’ is closed to new replies.