Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Decent bluetooth headphones for cycling (on turbo trainer)
  • SkillWill
    Free Member

Anyone using any decent bluetooth headphones for cycling? I want them to listen to Netflix on the laptop while using the turbo so sound quality needn’t be outstanding, but loud would be good and tolerance to extreme sweat is a must 8)

Anyone use any from here:

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-exercise-headphones-510778397

Or here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=wireless+headphones+sport&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=34734946548&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=239327093468941769&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_23rdka61cd_b

?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

have you tried headphones on the turbo before? I lasted 10 minutes before reverting to turning it up loud (detached house here)

When I was trying I just used a long extension.

xanboy
    Free Member

Outdoor Tech do some really good Bluetooth headphones called Privates or some better ones called Tuis. They also do some in ear buds called Tags.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I have been using wired headphones but it’s a bit of a faff with the cable trailing over the bike to the laptop.

Will have a look at those Outdoor Tech ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Get a better turbo?

After the sufferfest soundtrack, wind noise from the open window, 18″ screwfix fan (in decreacing noise order) my Minoura’s now the quietest thing in the room.

I do have 2x thick ‘yoga’ mats on the floor under the bike though to deaden the noise which helps.

creagbhan

I’ve been using the ones you’ve ordered from Amazon for about 6 months. I use them while working out for between 4 and 6 hours per week. So far they’ve only needed 3 recharges, including initial charge.
    Just give em a wipe with antibacterial stuff aftee use.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Excellent – good to hear!

Not sure how buying a better turbo would help – I already use a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine II (i.e. a quiet one), I just want some headphones without a wire!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Decent bluetooth headphones for cycling (on turbo trainer)’ is closed to new replies.