Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Decent 31.8mm seat clamp
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just want a nice strong clamp to hold my Thomson post in the Cannondale frame. Have a Thomson clamp, but seems loose to the frame tube . Cannondale one is my second after Cannondales creak search on my bike, they gave me a second clamp,as they didn’t like my Exotic one. Cant seem to find any Salsa non quick release ones these days either. Help !!

donald
    Free Member
    hopeychondriact
    Free Member

There is only one true seatclamp and that sir is a Salsa in whatever colour and type/size you require.

jonnyrockymountain

Yep Salsa!!!!

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Right, cheers guys. Having spent most of my afternoon in 3 bike shops today trying to resolve the seat post/ clamp dilemma to no proper conclusion, other than Cannondale use a weird clamp diameter and 31.8mm is too big. I need a 30.4mm clamp or thereabouts. The Thomson seatpost has a diameter , the same as the original Dale post of 27.1mm diameter, which makes the post loose in the seat tube on both posts. I have a Dolan carbon road seat post and that is 27.25mm and fits a treat, doesn’t bend the seat clamp to make up the difference. But its too short to use on an MTB. So, I need a seatpost of 400mm length, with layback on a definite 27.2mm diameter, in black and light and strong. Bit of a tall order. I have botched a 27.2mm clamp to hold the post up with the original seatclamp stopping the seat from moving sideways. I’ll see if I have a short term solution for now after tomorrows ride.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

All looking good cloudnine as long as the size is 27.2mm and not smaller. Anyone got a post and digi vernier to measure the post ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Decent 31.8mm seat clamp’ is closed to new replies.