Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Decathlon shorts (baggies) – any good? Or any other bargains??
  • Hallsy
    Free Member

After this weekends outing (25 miles offroad – most I've done in a while, lol!!) I've decided I want some cycling specific shorts (baggies).

Just having some without a seam would be a start 😉

Anyway, don't really want to spend the earth so looking around came across these in Decathlon:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/s-i-x-cycling-shorts-black-117136900/

Anyone tried them? They look like they could be a bargain anyway.

What does basic vs sport chamois mean?

Other than that, any other bargains out there?

Also need to find something for my other half, she's not keen on wearing lycra to the gym, so doubting she;d want lycra for the bike either, so something similar but lady like would be ideal. Only ones Decathlon have that are similar are £40.

Any ideas?

thepodge
    Free Member

I have some, though not that model. they aren't the best fitting but then I probably don't have the same shaped arse as you.

docrobster
    Free Member

They'll probably be ok.

I have some cheap decathlon baggies- one of the side adjust buckle snapped son don't use them much but they were ok.
    Plus points- removable liner, don't look too garish (mine do!)
    minus points- on mine anyway- the chamois is very thick like a nappy so horrid to walk around in. You can buy a better liner like a polaris one and use that instead though

Hallsy
    Free Member

So these shorts with remvable liners – you can change the liners between different manufacturers?

How are they held in place?

tron
    Free Member

Normally the liners button or velcro in.

The chamois varies with the quality of the shorts. The most basic ones are just a pad of foam. The better ones are moulded, and then going on from that there's dual and triple density foams.

The moulded chamois is the minimum I'll go for – I think decathlon call it "sport". There's a big difference in how the shorts fit and move – the basic non-moulded chamois is fairly inflexible, whilst the moulded ones have fold lines moulded in so that they fit around the saddle and let you walk like you've not shat yourself.

They have "9" model shorts on sale for £15, which are better than the SIX ones you've linked to. Do they have them in your size?

docrobster
    Free Member

The removable liners in the decathlon shorts button in- mine do anyway, so they only fit the baggies they come with
    If you get something like these you can wear them under any old baggies.

Hallsy
    Free Member

I must admit, just wearing proper undershorts under any old shorts is starting to sound like a better option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon shorts (baggies) – any good? Or any other bargains??’ is closed to new replies.