Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Decathlon Road Bike – B Twin Triban 3 – Mudguards
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Does anyone have this bike with mudguards fitted? If so, what are they?

Clearance looks very tight on the frame and im wondering which ones actually fit. (I have a set of Crud Racer Mk2 guards, but if they dont fit will leave them in the box and sell them on)

Cheers

globalti
    Free Member

They won’t fit, sorry. The clearance is too tight.

PS: If you want a set of spare wheels check out Eblag after 8 pm as I’ve got some Triban 3 wheels on there for silly money. One is a bit bent.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Thats annoying. Oh well, for £300 the bike cant have everything i guess!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

I asked the same question over on the CTC Forum the other week, and unfortunately, it appears that the clearance is too tight.

Why can’t you get a proper hybrid / commuter bike that’s this light and will take mudguards and a rack for similar money? Seems to me that the market would be at least as large…

disco_stu
    Free Member

That’s a shame but its good to know as I was thinking of getting one of these.

kilo

Fitted race blade longs to mine yesterday seem ok, will post a photo later

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Kilo – if you could that would be great. Do you mean the SKS ones?

kilo

Yes the sks raceblade longs. I have some of the short race blades and find them a pita. These seem much better, more akin to normal mudguards

On my bike there is a bit of clearance at the back as I’ve fitted the clip to the drop out rather than under the quick release as it should be. They took about ten minutes to fit, no issues there.

Rode in to work with them today, no rattles or movement much better than raceblades.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Wow, that’s got to utterly rock for the money…

sg100
    Free Member

Looking good – how did you get the front mudguard to screw in to the fork? The screws that came with the sks don’t seem to fit!
    Thanks

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

You could try the Giant Defy ones, they have cutouts around the brake to make them fit tight clearance frames
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/giant-defy-avail-black-fender-set-id60850.html

kilo

sg100 – Member

how did you get the front mudguard to screw in to the fork? The screws that came with the sks don’t seem to fit!
    Thanks

They don’t screw into the fork, they attach to the brake bolt and on the axle / qr skewer, I don’t recall there being any screws with the raceblade longs

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How does the bike ride? A mate is looking at one of these and as he’s a newbie to road bikes i was wondering about the ride.

kilo

muddydwarf – Member

How does the bike ride? A mate is looking at one of these and as he’s a newbie to road bikes i was wondering about the ride.

Fine, not massively heavy – seems to be about the same as a mates base level specialized, bars are quite comfy, stem was quite long on mine but I bought a cheap e bay replacement. Saddle was a shocker and binned straight away gears and brakes all work fine. I’m not a great fan of triples on road bikes but it all works and gives a low gear for beginners

So far I’ve only used mine for commuting but it’s a pleasant enough ride I’d take it out on a winter club run if needs be and would have no problem recommending it as an intro to road bikes. It got quite good write ups when reviewed in one of the cycling mags

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon Road Bike – B Twin Triban 3 – Mudguards’ is closed to new replies.