Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decathlon dropper posts – Service
  • sandwicheater

Has anyone stripped one to give it a clean/fettle? If so, could you give me some pointers please?

Been faultless but would like to keep on top of any internal crap damaging it.

Is it a clone of something else I could google the service instructions on?

Cheers

warpcow
    Free Member

It’s almost certainly a sealed cartridge. You can clean the bushes and keys, but that’s about it. There’s a 10mm, iirc, bolt in the bottom, undo that, then the collar and the shaft should slide out. You can unscrew the cartridge then too and clean around the top of it, but it won’t open.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is it worth zip tieing a piece of old inner tube over it to keep the mud out now its winter..

sandwicheater

Cool, will give than a whirl. Spotted the bolt but didn’t want to unscrew to have it launch at me at 1 million mph and shower me in rat pish*.

*Unlikely but you never can be sure.

sandwicheater

Is it worth zip tieing a piece of old inner tube over it to keep the mud out now its winter..

That is a blooming good idea. My punctured tube mountain will at last come in handy.

If you ever read this Mrs Sandwicheater, I told you just leaving a pile of broken inner tubes until I thought of something was a grand idea. WIN!!

v666ern
    Free Member

I used a chainstay protector so any water that does get in, can get back out on my Joplin…don’t bother on my reverb just lube after every ride

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon dropper posts – Service’ is closed to new replies.