Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Decathlon Bikes
  • wombat

Has anyone any experience of owning/riding bikes from Decathlon?

I'm looking for a bike for my daughter and on the face of it they look to be good value. Not looking for anything fancy, just a good value general knockabout bike which will be OK for her ride for a couple of years, she'll be 10 in a couple of months but is 4'9" tall already so is almost out of kids bikes and is more interested in the colour than the spec.

I've had a few bits of biking, walking and climbing gear from Decathlon over the past couple of years and it seems pretty decent stuff in my experience.

hp_source

I've got a Decathlon/b'twin road bike (was approx £500), had it about 12 months, done loads of miles on it, no trouble at all. Very good value in my opinion.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Used to work for them , the bikes are great they actually sell them at cost and hope to make on the +1 sales . The best value bikes you can buy.

matt_outandabout

A few mates have them (hardtails) – great bikes, amazing VFM and good service from Decathlon as well.

MicArms

And they flog time alium pedals for 30 quid!!! Dirt cheap!

uplink
    Free Member

I've just bought a 5.2 Rockrider as a knock-about bike
    What I got for my £200 is quite amazing, nothing flash but good sturdy kit that looks good & looks like it'll last well too

I can't see how you can go wrong – they do seem to come up very small though, I'm 6' & needed an XL, whereas with most other brands I'm normally firmly in medium territory

seb
    Free Member

I had a Decathlon hardtail a long time ago (when I was living in France), no problem whatsoever.
    I bought a cheap Decathlon road bike 4 years ago for commuting and winter cycling, once again, no problem.
    My children have only had Decathlon bikes (both are on their 3rd one) and they also have another one in France, at their grandparents.
    Once again, no problem.
    They are great value for money, I can only recommend them.

wombat

Thanks for the info, looks as though it'll be a Rockrider 5.1 for her then 🙂

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon Bikes’ is closed to new replies.