Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Decaf………….yes or no?
  • ton

and do you notice the differance.

4ndyB
    Free Member

no

yes

IainAhh
    Free Member

yes there is a difference

I stopped drinking tea & coffee a few years ago.
    Mainly due to over indulgence in coffee and spending much of the afternoon in the toilet.

Pros of no caffine
    – less toilet stops
    – more energy generally

Negs

– can feel like a numbty in certain social occasions
    – pick me up in the morning

donsimon
    Free Member

yes

yes

Kuco

No
    Yes

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Meat free sausages.
    Alcohol free ale.
    Decaf.

Whats the point.?

sc-xc

Meat free sausages.

^ there’s already a thread about vegetarians for people wishing to show their ignorance.

ton

woman free sex neil with you left/right hand……….. 😉

matthewlhome
    Free Member

yes and yes. i like to drink coffee at work as it gives me a break and distraction. problem is if i drink 4 to 6 real ones in a day, every day i have real trouble getting up in the morning and NEED caffiene.

For the pain of the decaffeination period – headaches, tiredness etc, it is well worth it once out the other side.

I now sleep better and when i have a cup of proper coffee, it is really noticeable.

As long as you buy decent decaf, i would say it is not possible to tell the difference.

theshrew
    Free Member

Gotta have my brews. No half fat cack for me it’s the only thing that keeps me awake

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

woman free sex neil with you left/right hand

Hell yes. 😀

nickc

I’ve never really found a decaf coffee that I think tastes OK. I’m sure they’re out there, but I have a stove tops worth in the morning, and that’s it pretty much (won’t drink instant) so I’m not bothered by my intake of caffeine.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

matthewlhome
    Free Member

No half fat cack for me it’s the only thing that keeps me awake

That’s what i am / was like. Once i got over the withdrawal i have found that i am more awake without it, and then if i need a caffeine boost it is more effective.

If you search you can get decent decaf. Try here for example Imperial Teas of Lincoln

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

no and yes.

chewkw
    Free Member

no & yes.

nostoc
    Free Member

no and yes for me too.
    I had a jar of decaff when I gave up caffeine for a while but now I’m back on the hard stuff. I’m quite happy with rooibos of barleycup if I want a caffeine free drink though (you can only drink so much).

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, and yes, but I still drink it.

If you get the exact same coffee it tastes a bit different decaf, but not bad. If you put a random good coffee and a random good decaf in front of me I would taste the difference between the two, but not be able to tell which was decaf on taste alone. I could tell from the caffeine hit but only if I’d not had any coffee that day 🙂

There are a few different techniques for decaffeinating coffee, some are better than others.

I drink it when I’ve had too much regular, but it still messes me up a bit. Tons of other alkaloids, some stimulant in coffee, not just caffeine.

The point is that coffee tastes lovely but some people (like me) can only take a small amount of caffeine before suffering ill effects.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

no

yes

(and don’t even start on carob coffee!!)

Tinners

I drink decaf for both coffee and tea. Can’t tell the difference in taste with tea, to be honest (nor the stimulant effect). With decaff coffee there is a big difference in both flavour and the effects. It’s a personal thing, but I find that most decaf coffee tastes of fag ends. The exception is clipper organic instant (for instant coffees – yeah takes as long as “proper coffee” to make etc, etc, but if it’s instant you want, then go for clipper green top bottles. Really nice flavour IMO). For “proper coffee” I use Taylors of Harrogate, having gone through most of the brands. For the espresso machine, I like Lavazza (blue packet).
    Where you really notice the difference is when you’ve been decaff for a long time (like me) and you have a single cup of caffeinated coffee (or a coca cola). Wide awake until 3am after an afternoon coffee and heart rhythm like an Omar Hakim drum solo.
    Each to their own, but I’m more “chilled” when I’m on decaff, I sleep better and my heart doesn’t clatter around like an old truck engine before stalling – but that’s a personal thing. Not saying it’s the same for everyone, but I’d recommend the above brands if you’re thinking of going decaff.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Decaf………….yes or no?’ is closed to new replies.