Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Debt
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Steve-if you had read my post you would see that there wasn’t a bankruptcy issue, I was just pointing out that businesses might not be the innocent victims they would like to believe.
    Maybe you could explain to me how it is possible that a bank, in this case Barclays, who had a customer who received monthly statements could then wait over three monthe before telling them that a stray 18 pound cheque becomes a 350 pound debt, after they had closed their account. The closing of the account was due to a widespread cancellation of pre-arranged overdrafts.

You work for a bank, don’t you? And stop calling me Don!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Don, no i don’t work for a bank

If it’s the creditors who have forced the bankruptcy, I’m not sure I’d be too worried. I had an interesting problem with Barclays many years ago, not an issue for being bankrupt but they were not particularly nice and had basically invented the problem. When businesses are honest, you’re comment will be valid.

I read your post as implying that a bank could lie and then petition for bankruptcy, which isn’t true.

I don’t care to discuss bank practice

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t care to discuss bank practice

Fair enough, but don’t enter a discussion using banks’ practices to answer another post. 😉

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

If anyone does need debt advice, click the link below and get some unbiased correct advice.

debt advice

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Debt’ is closed to new replies.