Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Debt collection enthusiasts
  • eth3er
    Free Member

Just had a builder try and go mia on me after I had done a weeks' work for him. It's a substantial amount for me. He switched his phone off, didn't turn up at the site for two days (I had done my bit) and I couldn't find him at his home. Finally tracked him down and got a tiny bit of it back. Going back for the rest on thursday. How do you walk the line between bringing large friends and being civil but forceful and still getting paid?
    Is there a basic contract you can draw up and maybe demand a third or half upfront while walking the tightrope where you want the contract but don't want to seem desperate.
    I'm a small business and can't afford to not be paid or spend hours being a debt collection expert/bounty hunter.

tron
    Free Member

Factor it. You'll lose a % but you'll most likely get more than you will on your own.

I'm sure some factors are more successful than others and don't give explicit details of their methods to their clients.

sofatester
    Free Member

Ton to the forum please!

ourmaninthenorth

You already have a contract with him, albeit verbal (which is arguably not worth the paper it's written on…).

Factor it. You'll get 80% back and have to wait.

Or threaten proceedings, then issue. Once issued, get a Part 24 Summary judgement. Will then need to emply bailiffs to recover if he doesn't pay up.

If it's over £750, then you could always proceed to bankrupting him….

eth3er
    Free Member

right then tell me about factoring.

tails
    Free Member

Sorry to butt in I know very little but can't you go knock down what you have built if you get no cash?

eth3er
    Free Member

House rewire working on behalf of the builder and not the house owner a nice woman, who stupidly paid the builder before he had even done half the work. Waiting to see what happens on Thursday before doing anything that extreme.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Debt collection enthusiasts’ is closed to new replies.