Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Debonding sole on shimano me7.
  • slimporcini
    Free Member

Currently in a debate with an online retailer about the legitimacy of my warranty claim. They are refusing to warranty a debonding sole on a 5 month old shoe stating they have very clear information from the manufacturer on this matter. They are putting it down to wear and tear through excessive usage which i am refusing to believe considering they are shimano’s flagship enduro shoe.
    Does anybody care to share their past experiences on this matter as I can’t seem to find any information anywhere.

z1ppy

There a brand new model, so no user reviews about, what ‘very clear’ info has been offered on this? Surely they’re simply not fit for purpose if they’ve not lasted a year? Worrying as I bought a pair a month or so ago, and tbh due to the toe vent, I’ve only used them on very dry/warm rides

damascus
    Free Member

Where does it say that the warranty is only for light use?

I’d expect some riders to use them every day on a commute to work.

My shimano shoes have been used and abused and almost look new after 3 years but they did cost £150 so I’d expect them to last.

Can you post a picture so we can see the damage?

slimporcini
    Free Member

I can’t at present as they are back with the retailer. They are refusing further inspection as the shoes are dirty and that breaches their T&Cs. Think I’ll get them sent back, clean them properly and send them right back.

Zippy, I’ve asked about this very clear information so hopefully they will be able to provide me with the literature.
    Damascus, these aren’t far off that price at £135.

jam-bo

which retailer?

have you contacted madison?

tthew

which retailer?
    have you contacted madison?

That’s of no consequence. Contract is with the retailer and unless there’s evidence of huge crash damage, 5 months should be replace or refund, no question. I’ve had shoes replaced at much older than that.

jam-bo

Yep. But if the retailer is being a dick then putting some pressure on with the distributor can help.

slimporcini
    Free Member

I nearly emailed madison till i saw a disclaimer saying that it could take two weeks to to get back to me. think ill give them a call.
    What seems to be bothering them the most is that they are not clean. They’re not caked in mud but i haven’t washed them either, I’d say they were dusty at worst, thought that would be alright. I said if they want they can send them back to me and I’ll give them a good clean before sending them back so they can perform their further investigation.
    Retailer is Wiggle btw.

tomaso
    Free Member

It is disappointing that their top of the range shoe that is meant to take some hammer, has failed in 5 months.
    I have a pair of old MT91s slowly rotting away but still functioning after 5 years. I do not see why the shoes you bought shouldn’t last a similar amount of time. It is not like a shoe you walk to work in that gets used every day
    ?
    They need to take positive action to sort you out under some part of the Sale of Goods Act. But then you also need to clean them

oink1
    Free Member

Id talk to the distributors. Ive never chucked a pair of shimano shoes because they’ve failed in some way – just good honest wear & tear 🙂

bruneep

I can’t at present as they are back with the retailer. They are refusing further inspection as the shoes are dirty

Why did you send them back like that? Really not helping your case.

Takes 5 mins to brush off mud and then a wipe down.

davosaurusrex

First I’ve heard of ME7s debonding, thought Shimano had sorted it after all the problems with the M200. Was about to order some but if it’s still an issue and there are warranty problems then maybe not. Given the M200 problems are well documented I’m amazed they’re arguing it. Shoes being a bit dirty is irrelevant

slimporcini
    Free Member

I brushed them clean of any loose mud, I just didnt wipe them down as I thought that would suffice.

Davosaurusrex, my sentiments exactly. It’s very frustrating.

orena45

I had 2 pairs of M200 shoes fail last year (not bonding related) and Wiggle replaced them both with no hassle. I did clean/wipe them before sending them back but as above, should be irrelevant if they’re a bit dusty as that’s not the big issue there! Keep on at them…!

davosaurusrex

Well I just won a new pair on eBay (just missing the cleat plates) for £47 so happy to give them a warranty-less punt for that price!

slimporcini
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of a brand new pair of ME7s. After Wiggle not getting back to me for nearly a week after my reply queering their first examination of the shoes another member of their returns team got in touch last Thursday apologising for everything and going on to say that they themselves performed a further examination and agreed with me that it is a warranty issue and were more than happy to send out a new pair.
    Needless to say I am very happy wth the outcome, just disappointed in Wiggle’s multiple attempts to fob me off!

z1ppy

Good outcome, still annoying that they even queried it, cheers for the update

davosaurusrex

Right outcome in the end. Mine came from Tri Sports Store on eBay and were expressly sold without warranty. The PayPal transaction showed the retailer is actually Wiggle though, must be their returns/missing bits/whatever outlet. At least I know where I stand!

project
    Free Member

My 25 quid ones from sports direct the sole has just started to pull away, a good clean ands some no nails and job done, 2.5 years old shoes, great fit.

wrecker
    Free Member

Every shimano shoe I’ve ever owned has come unstuck at the toe. 5 10’s are worth the money.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve just glued my 5 10s back together funnily enough.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Debonding sole on shimano me7.’ is closed to new replies.