• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rs.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Deathgrip trailer
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Am I the only one totally non-plussed by this?

The riding is stunning and the camera-work is beautiful but… but that voiceover. What a crock of shit.

And I hate to say it, but it’s also not particularly original. Man does big jump. Man does big carving slow-mo turn. Been done before, a lot.

Like I say, Brendog’s riding is amazing and the camera-work is genuinely beautiful, but I am distinctly unexcited by this.

It ain’t no Collective.

Or am I just getting old and bitter?

bigyinn
    Free Member

The thing you said last, that.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

yeah the voiceover is mostly cack, but it’s alright. i think ultimately most riding videos are quite dull. cos it’s not as good as actually riding.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

😆

You’re definitely not getting that dropper now!

honourablegeorge

The voiceover is horrendous.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cringe-o-rama.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Warning….
    Unsubstantiated hyperbole overload….
    -a simple goal: to show the world a new vision of mountain biking. Joined on this quest by a collection of the most progressive and influential riders that this generation of mountain biking has to offer
    -an all-out assault on the bleeding edge of the sport’s limits
    -a relentless mission to challenge the limits of creativity, technology, and the human potential
    -a creative oasis
    -a place where the raw expression of Fairclough’s riding ability is captured with the most progressive filmmaking technology against the backdrop of the most visually engaging locations in the world.

Err….it’s a bloke riding a pushbike ffs.I’d like to find who wrote this horse poo and give them an atomic wedgey.

P-Jay
    Free Member

“to do a dangerous thing with style, is what I call….. art”.

Well, who knew!

ads678

It’s an advert innit, and as we know with lots of adverts at this time of year, mainly perfume ads, they don’t make any sense but can look beautiful.

I’ll watch it when it comes out, but I ain’t paying for for it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member

You’re definitely not getting that dropper now!
    Aaaaaw! No fair.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It’s an advert innit, and as we know with lots of adverts at this time of year, mainly perfume ads, they don’t make any sense but can look beautiful.

I think there’s a sense of irony with perfume ads now.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Clay Porter usually comes through with a decent movie

swamptin
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure every one of those bikes had brakes… and I’m fairly sure they were covering them. hardly ‘Deathgrip’ is it?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Clay Porter usually comes through with a decent movie

He does. Unfortunately with that voiceover I can’t take, what’s otherwise quite a stunning – if unoriginal – piece of work, seriously.

Is Clay becoming the Michael Bay of MTB films?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Should get Lee Mack to do the voice over…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHwnBKEixFs[/video]

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

to be fair I was wondering how they’d managed to make a full length version of Death Grip that warranted a trailer. Then I realised they were so unoriginal they had to rip off a title…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZugEbDzes[/video]

rs
    Free Member

give me 30 minutes of those high speed shots and i’ll watch it a million times! hopefully it won’t have voiceovers all the way through it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Deathgrip trailer’ is closed to new replies.