Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Dear Rockshox
  • Northwind

Tom_W1987 – Member

The point is Mike, it won’t be as stiff as a 36 will it.

The point is, you don’t know.

Which does raise a reasoanable point though; there will be some people who judge it based on a couple of photos, even at the relatively high level it’s aimed at. Fair to assume I think that Rockshox just don’t think that’s a market worth pandering to?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

edit

Again, point being….it’s not a mini-boxxer to most dhers who have 20mm wheels lying around…..because it has a 15mm axle. Boxxer still has 20mm no?

“Ambassador, with these Rocher market research, you’re really spoiling us”

If you have a decent 20mm Hub you should also have a 15mm one with a quick swap over.

I’m sure RS/SRAM have no idea of the massive potential market they are missing out on.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, it’d be great if they did, with a redesigned bridge and 140 grams of extra material. Meanwhile, I’ll stick to my opinion that they got their marketing strategy utterly wrong.

I’m sure RS/SRAM have no idea of the massive potential market they are missing out on.

Who do you think is going to buy the Lyrik, your average trail rider who runs a Pike/34? Let’s see what the highest voted comment on the pinkbike article has to say, with some 479 upvotes.

You had one job rockshox, just one job, and you done ****** it up. The lyrik should have been a single crown boxxer, not a pike with 20mm extra travel. 20mm axle and a 26″ option. Thats all we wanted.

There is clearly a market for a single crown for the Dh/Freeride crowd.

Fair to assume I think that Rockshox just don’t think that’s a market worth pandering to?

I just think someone in product development got lazy, or they wanted a new product with little R&D effort.

Again, it’s all my own opinion guys….I just laughed when I read the article that’s all.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The point is Mike, it won’t be as stiff as a 36 will it. Likely that a pinch bolt setup with wider stanchions and a 20mm bolt through will be stiffer. Really, the main point I was making is that they’ve actually properly distinguished both products. The Lyrik hardly seems different to a Pike.

Does it need to be? I can barely tell any difference between my 36 & Pike stiffness wise, and i’ve swapped between 15 & 20mm axles & again, can barely tell any difference (other than the 15mm hub adapters don’t fall out of the hub, unlike the 20mm ones).

Again, point being….it’s not a mini-boxxer to most dhers who have 20mm wheels lying around…..because it has a 15mm axle. Boxxer still has 20mm no?

Wait until the new Boxxer comes out.

20mm, dead man walking.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

They’ve been saying that for what now, a decade? And Fox still saw fit to release a 20mm.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who do you think is going to buy the Lyrik, your average trail rider who runs a Pike/34? Let’s see what the highest voted comment on the pinkbike article has to say, with some 479 upvotes.

You had one job rockshox, just one job, and you done ****** it up. The lyrik should have been a single crown boxxer, not a pike with 20mm extra travel. 20mm axle and a 26″ option. Thats all we wanted.

There is clearly a market for a single crown for the Dh/Freeride crowd.[/quote]
    The thing is from my point of view there are people who have set opinions, regardless of what changes they will say 20mm, Coil Springs, Fat Stachions blah blah blah.

What if in a blind test you couldn’t tell the difference? What if RS managed to do something that worked and was what people wanted it to feel like but didn’t have the right things written on the side. Like all the threads writing bikes off because the measurement/angle isn’t what people think it should be, forget riding it or trying it if the numbers are wrong then it’s wrong.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

No 26″ Lyriks? But you can put one on a 29er?

What is wrong with these people?

warpcow
    Free Member

If the industry based every development on what got upvotes on PB then everything really would look like a Trek and cost 10p. Maybe, sometimes, research and development trumps internet opinion.

chakaping
    Free Member

Let’s see what the highest voted comment on the pinkbike article has to say

It’s times like this we really need a facepalm smiley on here.

I understand your grumbles, but I can also totally see why RS have gone the way they have with this.

Think about it. How many riders are gonna have a DH bike and a burly enduro bike? And how many are gonna have a shorter travel trail bike plus an enduro bike?

I reckon there will be lot more people looking to share wheels between two 15mm axle forks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Than and they have reduced the number of lower spes by 50%.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Dear Rockshox’ is closed to new replies.