Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dear Genesis…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I quite liked The lamb lies down on Broadway…

But seriously, who else thinks that Genesis should sell a Fortitude 26″?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Is that not just an iO???

Kuco

Agree shame they don’t do the 26″ io anymore.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The iO has a suspension fork. I’d like a ride-away-from-the-shop rigid bike. It’d be great for winter rides and general purpose on/off road commuting. Go on Genesis, give it a try

titusrider
    Free Member

+1 or a fortitude that actually suits my 5’7 frame 🙁

charlierevell
    Free Member

Oh.. My io was rigid”

speaker2animals

From memory the first year that Genesis came in to being they did a rigid iO, maybe for more than one year not sure. I do know though that reviews critised a very stiff fork compared to other rigid forks. Buy an iO and a rigid carbon from from Exotic, run rigid in winter, front suss in summer?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Seeing as how the fortitude is the only Genesis I’ve ever seen which has made me think “that’s hideous” I don’t think they should sell any. What they should do is take the designer to one side and slap him.

Mister-P
    Free Member

iO was rigid SS, iO ID with Alfine has a suspension fork. The market for rigid SS 26 wheel bikes faltered a couple of years ago when exchange rates pushed bike prices up. You could build better bikes for the same money as complete ones cost.

franksinatra

If this is an open letter, could I also add in a question? How do they manage to spec such an amazingly comfy saddle on my 2011 Altitude 10. It is by far the nicest saddle I have ever sat on and I would love to buy more for my other bikes. Anyone any idea what it is? Similar shape to a Charge Spoon but nicer to sit on.

RustySpanner

I’m looking forward to seeing what Pinnacle come out with in the next year or so, considering that the chap who designed a lot of current Genesis range is now working for them.

Hope Genesis keep on with the steel frames and classic designs, wish they’d do a 725 or 853 touring frame.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Rusty, Genesis’ sister brand is Ridgeback so they probably think they have this covered.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dear Genesis…’ is closed to new replies.