Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Deals on Shimano disc brakes? (SLX at Ribble are sold out :-( )
  • a11y

I'd ordered a pair of SLX disc brakes from Ribble on Tuesday but they've just called today saying they're sold out :(. Kind of stuffed my weekend plans for fitting them but nevermind…

Has anyone found good deals on either SLX or XT disc brakes? I'd prefer them as I've got Shimanos on other bikes and would rather keep one type of spare pad (laziness). No interested in 2nd hand as been stung on dodgy calipers in the past.

Best I can find is M775 XTs for £66/each, again at Ribble. Can anyone find anything better? (SLX would be OK).

Cheers
    Ally

a11y

Oh FFS now the rear XTs are sold out a Ribble too 🙁

verses

My XTs that I ordered from Ribble last Friday arrived about an hour ago. Don't forget that Ribble have a 7% dicount code "TRIP7", which knocks a bit more off 🙂

EDIT: Ah, too late… I did a fair bit of shopping around and that was the best price I found.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

CRC have the SLX's at about £65 each, I'm looking for some myself at the moment, but I'm waiting to find out how long the rear hose is, they say it could take a day to find out 😯 … CRC's a bit slow these days eh?

hora
    Free Member

Hardly deal of the century though considering you need rotors and the brakes come with noddy pads in.

a11y

I'm now swinging towards "upgrading" the discs on my hardtail to Formula RX's (same as what's on my full-susser) and moving the XT's currently on the hardtail onto the new bike. But that'd cost me an extra £100 over what I intended spending…

It's purely for a commuting bike but I want to stick with the same pads I already have. Deore's don't seem that much cheaper and have the issue of different pads.

a11y

hora – are SLX definately resin pads as standard? I've seen them quoted in some places as sintered…

mikey74
    Free Member

The pads that came with my SLXs (from Ribble) have seen some time in the Whistler bike park and look barely worn in. You must drag your brakes alot.

iainc

my Ribble XT's came with proper Shimano sintered pads..

hora
    Free Member

You must drag your brakes alot.

You could argue that however my front shriek as well. Now you'd be crackers dragging your front down anything wouldnt you? 😉

I've been using numerous sintered Superstar pads on my old Saints and only on one (rogue) set did I encounter the exact same sound etc.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Ah, anyway, CRC did get back to me and the rear hose is 1450mm, too short for me, but if anyone else is interested you might want to check it'll be long enough?

hainman
    Free Member

**** help.I ordered XTs on Tuesday and they came today.well part of them.they sent out hoses and levers minus the callipers so returned them today bloody hopeless and now it looks like I'm goin to have to wait till they get more in stock.sods law..

3rock
    Free Member

Havent looked at current stock but merlincycles.co.uk are often good for brakes

hainman
    Free Member

A11y I ordered mine last week and now out of stock.I phoned them this morning and their makin a full dye up and posting them out.u should give them a bell and see what they can do.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Deals on Shimano disc brakes? (SLX at Ribble are sold out :-( )’ is closed to new replies.