• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • DealExtreme
  • duckers
    Free Member

I placed an order with DealExtreme today, but at the point of payment the site crashed. My PayPal account has had the correct funds taken but I received no order confirmation from DX.

I am not worried that I have lost the money as I will get it back through a PayPal dispute if the worst happens, but my questions are, to those who have purchased from DX:
    1. Should I have received an order receipt email from DX?
    2. What are they like at replying to customer queries?

blastit
    Free Member

It happen to me also today, had no email . Sent them email . If you go into contact us they have a form to fill in for this situation .
    What time did send yours ?

duckers
    Free Member

It was about 7:30 this morning, I got to the payment page, selected PayPal, it took me into the PayPal login screen, I logged in, made payment, it exited PayPal and just when dead there.

I have emailed them through the form you mention but had no reply yet, admittedly it is the middle of the night over there so I'll see if I have had a reply to my ticket tomorrow morning,, I'll post here and let you know.

blastit
    Free Member

I did mine about 9.30 same as you payed via paypal and then blank page.
    Been thinking do I need another light. No yes no yes , order it then this happens, just my luck.
    Read in other posts that they are a bit slow on replying to emails (days-weeks), but that was on order progress so maybe ours will be different.

Andy_K

Same here at 22:12, just tried to order some lights etc. Will email them too.

duckers
    Free Member

No reply yet…. not even assigned to an operator. Maybe they're all on strike.

retro83
    Free Member

mines been a week on "Waiting for Supplier"

bugger

grumm
    Free Member

Mine took about 10 days to go from 'waiting for supplier', but has now finally been shipped.

Lummox

The p7 bike lights are worth the wait 😉 imo

duckers
    Free Member

did you guys get order receipts by email when you placed your order?

piemann
    Free Member

Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday morning.Got a confirmation email from Paypal but nowt from Deal Extreme. I used the general contact email form to ask if my order was confirmed and could they provide an order number, but it says it can take a while to get a response.

If anyone gets a response, could they post about it here?

retro83
    Free Member

Just to confirm that i did indeed get an order conf mail directly from dx

duckers
    Free Member

still no reply an their woking day is surely over now!!!!!!!!

richc
    Free Member

24 hour turnaround on an inquiry email sounds a bit optimistic to me.

montylikesbeer

They do not respond to email only through their "ticket system".

I waited 5 days for a response to an order that stated "awaiting supplier" for 10 days.

As a result of complaining and posting on the DX forum they have now shipped, it my be a coincidence though

blastit
    Free Member

Update.
    filled out this http://services.dealextreme.com/forms/OrderIssues.aspx?type=Missinghis.
    Then waited a couple of days.
    Tonight got bored of waiting so I created an account to see if I could find out more.
    Hooray its in packaging.
    I hope you all are sorted out as well.
    :mrgreen:

I_Ache
    Free Member

Happened to me you not using Google Chrome are you? I sent off an email and then created an account just to see if that showed anything up and it did. Try creating an account using the email address you use for paypal.

grumm
    Free Member

This thread on their forum suggests others are having similar problems with DX at the moment.

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-100~threadid.427757

singlespeedstu

Ordered mine on the 5th and it's just arrived.

soobalias
    Free Member

i have emailled DX and advised them to batten down the hatches, with regards to multiple complaint emails from panicking UK bikers.

DX are now invited to join togther with representatives from JE James, Rutland, CRC, Wiggle, Merlin for the regular retaillers get togther

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I ordered a P7 recently which, as expected, took a while to arrive. It worked intermittently when I got it however, and I contacted them through the website last week to report the fault.

I have had no reply. No confirmation that they have looked into the complaint. So I have a non-working P7 and have no idea whether I'll get a replacement or my money back.

*waits*

Del

lgb,
    you need to go through their returns process for a faulty item. they will reply through their system only – not through email. it took a while for me to work this out, but when you get the hang of it they are very quick to respond and will deal quickly.
    just return it and get a receipt for postage from the po. photo that and supply a copy of the photo ( they have systems in place to deal with all this stuff ). as soon as you have shipped it back they will most likely ship a replacement.

edit: once you have started their returns process in order to retrieve messages back from them you need to log back into the site, either through an account you have created or using the order number ( or returns number – i forget exactly how it works )

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Del – I used the correct 'report defect' form on their website and have just tracked my defect request on their website.

All it says is "Request has been received – waiting for processing"

Guess I'll just have to wait…..

Del

yep!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘DealExtreme’ is closed to new replies.