Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Deal, Kent any off roading nearby?
  • flashes
    Free Member

I’m off to Deal for a Hol. Would Fowlmead or the woods near St Margaret’s Bay provide 2 hours a day riding or do I take the road bike?

flashes
    Free Member

Doesn’t need to be very technical, just good for pootling away from traffic….

br
    Free Member

Look on Strava

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Blean Woods out the top if Canterbury is good fun as is Kings Wood near Ashford.

Covet Woods located near Biketart in the Elham Valley also has some fun trails. If you pop in the shop they will give you a map!

Also possible to string all 3 together using north downs way and some cycle paths and a bit of road.

flashes
    Free Member

Cheers, don’t do Strava. I’ll look into the others…..

grahamh
    Free Member

Go find the “Ham Sandwich” sign, near Eastry.

muckypup
    Free Member

Take both if you can : ) , I live in deal (walmer) some very good riding good old fashioned path/trail stuff really . Mainly riding out of deal towards st margs and Dover but quit hard to link up without being shown around . Fowlmead is quite strange if you like flat xc type riding then it’s ok but no more that hours worth oh and a small pump track . Could be around in the early evenings to show a few spots if ya like ? As others said covert and blean woods has great riding too !

russjp
    Free Member

Fowlmead would be OK once, but fairly small and boring after a couple of hours. As said above covert woods in barham is only a twenty minute drive away, Park at Biketart and ask for some trail advice too

russjp
    Free Member

And road bike will be fun to, many quiet lanes about

flashes
    Free Member

No driving, I get to have an early morning ride before we do holiday stuff. Only Room for 1 bike. I usually take the fixed Karate Monkey, the gear is OK to use on the road if I want to link things…..

muckypup
    Free Member

Good week to come to deal as it’s regatta , fireworks Wednesday night then carnival Thursday and fun fair on seas front all week : ) oh and the weather looks nice … ish ! Freedown or oxnybottom woods and riding around st margs mainly the valley by the lighthouse , also for good views across the cliffs from kingsdown through st margs to to langdon bay just watch out for woolly sock brigade !

flashes
    Free Member

Bugger, we’re coming next Saturday….

flashes
    Free Member

Is the Saxon Shore Way, North of Sandwich or the Cliff path south of Deal to Dover rideable (if I promise not to ride over walkers)……?

muckypup
    Free Member

Yeah it sort of all the same trail from sandwhich bay to Dover . Deal to Dover the best as it’s the cliffs up and down and some fun stuff in Langdon bay near docks … Only prob it’s national trust land … Not to keen on us ha ha

flashes
    Free Member

Ta

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Deal, Kent any off roading nearby?’ is closed to new replies.