Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 'Deadly' wire strung across Surrey bridle path
  • wwaswas

A potentially deadly length of metal wire has been discovered strung between two trees at head height on a bridle path in Surrey.

The wire was found on the North Downs Way in Shere, between Newlands Corner and West Hanger, on Friday 9 April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/8622670.stm

dickydutch

Lets hope they catch the "harmless, salt of the earth, little tearaways that are good at heart" and string them up with their own wire.

piha
    Free Member

I rode along there on that day, thankfully I didn't come across it. Unbelievably stupid thing to do though. Hopefully it's just kids and not someone with a grudge against people on bikes round there, although I'm sure that the local Jack Russell's are trained to chase bikes. little feckers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Unbelieveable that folk do this.

Tiger6791

Might be a horse hating biker? no mention of wire height

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's not the first time I've heard of this happening and in other instances it hasn't been kids that were responsible, but grumpy locals.

oldgit
    Free Member

Head the clues is the word head….Bet that made youre pulse go up 😉

Tiger6791

but who's head

oldgit
    Free Member

Damn you and youre fancy Google images.

colnagokid

I hit some nylon rope once, luckily noticed in time to scrub a bit of speed off a hit it with my upper arm . Got a nasty burn and crashed, hate to think if I hadn't had seen it. F'ing ar#eholes 👿

Jerome
    Free Member

Now there is reason to be the unfit one
    J.

br
    Free Member

especially as we are going that way on Sunday…, p'haps I'll not lead

Jason, Jason, are you online? Hopefully not 😉

Tiger6791

Damn you and youre fancy Google images

It's your

Pedantic karma restored I do believe.

oldgit
    Free Member

Right lets have a no talking competion now 😐

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Is this anywhere near Mid Somer?

Tiger6791

UpQuickDownSlow

I'd rather this wasn't mentioned in the news. It will give people ideas.

thepurist

Simple solution – build a whacking big (slightly shonky) jump just before the wire – surely nobody would complain about that….

julianwilson
    Free Member

I dimly remember in the news a few years ago a teenager was killed by a similar thing whilst (legally!) greenlaning on his mx bike: as i recall the police treated it as a murder investigation.

marsdenman
    Free Member

long, long time ago – back in school days, a few of the lads were well into their moto-x riding.
    Spent a lot of time legitimately riding round one of their parents fields, round and round, in and out of a copse of trees – thing was, that upset a couple of locals..

Someone did the above 'wire trick' across 2 trees – took one of the lads off his bike, by the neck.
    He had a very lucky escape – the wire was too thick to cut – and had a very red line around his neck for many a week after….

xcgb
    Free Member

thats up the hill from my house!

i have removed various items across trees some i reckon are just kids mucking about – but wire jeez, (just thought could be one of my neighbours)!

Sui
    Free Member

It's reminicent of our friendly council contracted JCB man – he did the same but with babrb wire at the end of numbskull a few years back, along with wire up in the quarry and the holes – he should have been chased for prosecution!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Similar thing killed someone in Coxley Woods between Huddersfield and Wakefield a few years back.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘'Deadly' wire strung across Surrey bridle path’ is closed to new replies.