Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • DE shaving is so last week.
  • Cougar

Check this bad boy out.

The Skarp razor is powered by a small laser which cuts through hair for an incredibly close shave.

Too dear for me, but an interesting idea.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Beards are easier

Smudger666

Spotted that cougar – meant to search the forums cos I couldn’t believe we hadn’t ‘done’ it yet.

Can’t believe it will ever be cheap enough not to be ‘niche’. Which means everyone here will have one!

lemonysam
    Free Member

No working prototype? edit: just noticed the updates. Not 100% i’d call that working though…

This looks a bit like like one of those Kickstarters…

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Clobber
    Free Member

Great idea, I wonder how effective it will be…

$189 doesn’t seem too bad if you don’t have to buy razors, shaving cream, brush, (moisturiser if you’re so inclined…) ever again.

molgrips
    Free Member

Kickstarter though? Surely they could’ve found proper investment for it if their prototype worked and was any good?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

edit = delete

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Too dear for me, but an interesting idea

if you got in early then 90 bucks for a razor for life? Seems cheap even if it isn’t for life but just for a very long time. Blades cost a fortune. Thankfully I’ve been bearded for years and only use one to smarten it up.

I do like the way one of the founders of the company clearly doesn’t shave.

Clobber
    Free Member

Maybe you could get guides for it too and give yourself a grade 2 all over

Cougar

90 bucks for a razor for life?

That’s the early bird rate, they’re $189 now.

Blades cost a fortune.

A quick look on Amazon and I can get 100 blades for a tenner; so I could get 1200 blades for the price of that Skarp. At the rate I shave, that would last me about a hundred years. (-:

TBH though, if it lives up to the claims it might be worth it just to remove the hassle factor.

Cougar

Boo, ninja edit.

zilog6128

If it actually works as promised it would be totally revolutionary (not to mention massively cheaper than a lifetime of buying razors/blades).

Of course I’m lazy & have a beard so I’m out.

Kickstarter though? Surely they could’ve found proper investment for it if their prototype worked and was any good?

You seem to have totally missed the point of Kickstarter.

stumpy01

A laser to cut human hair that operates on one AAA battery and lasts about a month on that very same battery with ‘normal use’…..

This has to be a wind-up? Shirley.

IdleJon

DE shaving is so last week?

True, I suppose, I haven’t shaved since then..

Cougar

This has to be a wind-up?

No, it definitely takes batteries.

willard

Maybe mains…

I’d hate to have to fire up a generator every time I wanted to shave.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, someone emailed me the link yesterday …

I like the idea. Very nice indeed but not for me coz I is old fashion.

No thanks as I like the feeling of sharp metal scraping against my skin.

Besides, DE safety razor does not rely on other technology to make it works. You have the DE safety razor, DE razor blade, water and shaving soap. It will still work without the latter two.

As for this laser razor … It needs other battery technology to function properly. Battery can exploit in you face and laser, like in Star Wars, can cut inside out without you even knowing. In the meantime I shall sit and wait.

Oh ya … I have so many DE safety razor and blades it will last me for at least another 60 years easy. 😛

wwaswas

The bloke they’re testing the ‘downstairs’ version on looks anxious.

turboferret

I was quite intrigued until I watched the video of it barely cutting arm hair, and as Stumpy has pointed out, 1 month on an AAA does sound very optimistic.

Therefore I’m out.

Cheers, Rich

Drac

A quick look on Amazon and I can get 100 blades for a tenner; so I could get 1200 blades for the price of that Skarp. At the rate I shave, that would last me about a hundred years. (-:

Over 2 years since I bought 100 and I’m just over halfway through them. So yes around 24 years worth of blades. I doubt if this ever worked it would last that long.

FuzzyWuzzy

Surely if this worked Gillette would have bought them out by now and mothballed it?

lemonysam
    Free Member

I doubt if this ever worked it would last that long.

…especially without you dropping it, putting it down wrong or rattling it around in your wash bag damaging the glass filament and knackering it.

djambo
    Free Member

Why have the dude in the vid all got stubble/beards….can’t be much cop!

teasel
    Free Member

“A crack and sack, Mr Bond?”

“Just the shack, thanks…”

benji
    Free Member

French perfected the closest shave ever they called it the guillotine 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’m just wondering where my DE is and whether or not shaving it might be dangerous.

lemonysam
    Free Member

No working prototype? edit: just noticed the updates. Not 100% i’d call that working though…

This looks a bit like like one of those Kickstarters…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34516907

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘DE shaving is so last week.’ is closed to new replies.