Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DBA car radio
  • maco
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone own DAB car radio:
    [link removed – mod]
    and if you do what is your experience with it.
    The promises sound good but are they true.

Thansk for your comments in advance.

br
    Free Member

My only concern would be how critical it is at home (and garage) to have the DAB aerial pointing the right way, and how certain devices just ‘block’ it – my cordless drill for one.

Macavity
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10569231

“As a result, Mr Goddard suspects that DAB’s time may have passed before it even arrived, with other forms of digital technology – such as broadband – allowing listeners to access radio on their laptops and phones.”

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pure Highway DAB. It’s excellent. Didn’t drop at all between Aldershot and Cardiff when I was using it. Reception was not a problem at all.

Only reason I am not using it any more is that I only got it in the first place because the FM radio didn’t work on that car.. now I have a car with working FM. I’ll install the DAB without wires when I finally get around to it.

wwaswas

this is a spam post please don’t feed the spammers…

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, I did wonder why the weird website.

Out of interest, why would someone do this?

wwaswas

to get up the google rankings – this site is well ‘rated’ by google so always gets good results on search.

allthepies
    Free Member

The amazon link in the linked to page also has a referral tag I believe.

wwaswas

ah, so the poster is likely getting paid per referral by someone too…

chipps

Yep, he’s gone now, but it was nice of him to bring up this interesting topic… 🙂

I have a home DAB radio (well, FM + DAB) and there’s no DAB reception at all where I live. I use an internet radio instead.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The original reasoning for broadcasting DAB was for car radios although I never got why when the problems with multipath are much worse.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I have no idea what this person was trying to attain posting the link. However – I have DAB as original factory installed option and it’s bloody marvellous. 6Music in the car, plus 5live without the usual AM faff. Lovely.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DBA car radio’ is closed to new replies.