Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Day/overnight Van Ideas.
  • mick_r

We run a Dispatch Combi (5 cu m volume and 2m tall so probably at the smaller end of your van ideas) with a rear bulkhead and bike shelf. With front wheels removed, saddles full height and bikes vertical this gives around a 1 foot gap underneath (so maybe enough to poke legs into if sleeping lengthways). With dropper posts / post removed you could gain some more height. We now get 4 full size bikes on that shelf.

Also be careful about eating into useable storage space when insulating and panelling out – e.g. look where the handlebars poke in the photo below.

gfrew88
    Free Member

gfrew88
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

poloding I’m sure I recognise that street, do you live in ayrshire?

spooky_b329

gfrew, your link is wrong as its asking me to log into dropbox.

kevduckworth

I have a T4, wanted to be able to get 2 bikes in with the wheels on.

I found that 3/4 beds were too wide, so looked at custom beds. Then found a Bongo 3/4 bed was the width I needed (90cm). Bikes go down the side, ideally if 2 bikes 1 or both need the front wheels off but they do fit with some faff without removing the wheels.

Load of space in the back for all tools/mobi washer etc, and then have a single unit opposite the sliding door for camp/cooking stuff stuff.

Works well for me.

gfrew88
    Free Member

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/du4n9xw9exshy4o/AAB_2A0BJyh72uqGwXteVvM8a?dl=0

spooky sorry mate my fault. Try the new link.

Still got some work to do but I’ve went for the minimalistic approach as I’m not looking at spending weeks at a time in it.

polodingalong
    Free Member

Gary M, impressive spot, yep I do.

Gfrew, where’d you get the bungee net for your roof? I’m planning on doing the same as you’ve got. Does it work for holding helmets etc?

gfrew88
    Free Member

you can get them on amazon for around £15-20. Can use it for storing anything but yes it will take my helmet and stuff. you can make it as tight or slack as you want.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Gary M, impressive spot, yep I do

Kilmarnock or Ayr?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Day/overnight Van Ideas.’ is closed to new replies.