Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Daylight Saving Bill
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

[img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01409/Chope_1409255c.jpg[/img]

Thanks to these 2 ****ing Herberts, it didn’t even get to a vote and we can all enjoy effectively living in the dark for 4 months of the year.

[btw – the top one is not Brant]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Errm – it don’t actually make any more light and not everyone is in favour.

I remember living in Scotland when it was tried before and it was horrid

Hohum
    Free Member

Hooray!

We live in the dark for 4 months anyway 😕

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s not possible for someone’s neck to be that long and thin. It must be Photoshopped.

v8ninety

To be fair, all the lawmaking in the world won’t make the sun stay up longer… Winter’s shit, fact of life.

Hohum
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    It’s not possible for someone’s neck to be that long and thin. It must be Photoshopped.

Ha, ha!

He does have a long, old neck, eh!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I would give it a go. Im leaving for work and its dark right now, but if i leave at 4.30 then its only just getting dark, would mean that i might be able to get a cycle in from Feb onwards after work.

druidh
    Free Member

Which one is Bill?

GrahamA
    Free Member

TandemJeremy, surly Scotland can remain on GMT – devolved powers and all that.

aracer
    Free Member

TandemJeremy, surly Scotland can remain on GMT – devolved powers and all that.

I’m surprised they haven’t already moved off that onto BOFMT (Buchan Oil Field Mean Time)

IanMunro
    Free Member

Appears to have been sabotaged by two tory turds with a side helping of SNP.
    Whatever our views on the bill, it’s **** embarrassing that bills can be destroyed in such a way.

bruneep

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah, but if you rotated through 90deg then sew it on it would be. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

GrahamA – Member
    TandemJeremy, surly Scotland can remain on GMT

What about jolly Scotland though?

GrahamA
    Free Member

What about jolly Scotland though?

I was going to work out difference in Longitude between Greenwich and Edinburgh and propose a shift to Edinburgh Mean Time (EMT)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats all the time isn’t it?

ye’ll have had yer tea?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Who is Bill? And how can he save our daylight?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What has happened?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What has happened?

I dunno, but it sounds like someone may be trying to turn the sun off, and Bill is gonna stop them. Hurrah for Bill 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Buffalo Bill?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Don’t think so – how could a buffalo save our sun?

br
    Free Member

If its a problem for you, get up earlier/later?

grahamh
    Free Member

All you have to do is start a story that the EU is going to enforce ‘Central Eurapean Time’ on the UK and these guy will drop this bill quicker than S**t of a shoval.

v8ninety

If its a problem for you, get up earlier/later?

I get up for work at 05.30, and get home and get home a shade before 20.00. No amount of fiddling with clocks is going to help me! Lol. I need to move a couple of thousand miles south, really. I hate winter. It’s not the cold, it’s the dark. 🙁

sweepy
    Free Member

I live pretty far north and I’d be happy to give it a try. I’m much more likely to make use of the light in the evening.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It will make heehaw difference to me. I go to uni in the dark and get home in the dark. I like it being dark when I’m on the bus – makes it easier to sleep.

sadmadalan

How about this. we should aim that midday is when the sun is at the highest point. This keeps the relationship between the earth’s rotation and our timekeeping. Then we move the working house forward, so we start work etc at 8.00 am! this would have exactly the same effect as moving the clocks to DST in winter!

(Spent a few weeks in Portugal in winter when they tried CET! It was dark in the mornings for a long time!)

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s dark in winter – there’s nothing we can do about that.

but in spring/autumn there’s loads of daylight, but we choose to set our clocks so that the sun rises long before most people are even awake. and sets before we’ve had enough fun.

of course we can’t make ‘more’ daylight, but we can set our clocks so that we see more of it – without anyone having to work funny hours.

Drac

8am? I’d be late for work.

aracer
    Free Member

I was going to work out difference in Longitude between Greenwich and Edinburgh and propose a shift to Edinburgh Mean Time (EMT)

The mid point between Glesga an Edinburgh is just about 15 minutes behind Greenwich (some would argue a lot more than that 😈 ) – I already mentioned the most significant place in Scotland situated on the Prime Meridian.

Hohum
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

so we start work etc at 8.00 am

Why would we start work after half the day has gone?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    so we start work etc at 8.00 am

Why would we start work after half the day has gone?

Because not all of us are rent boys.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Daylight Saving Bill’ is closed to new replies.