Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Day ride starting at Redhill?
  • ibnchris

Meeting my bro at Redhill station tomorrow to take him out for a bit of a ride. Reckon we can probably manage about 35/40km circular route in the time we have. Any suggestions? Off road obviously…

titusrider
    Free Member

Id be looking at heading along the top of the downs ridge towards dorking, headley etc if ur not sure where’ve going u might struggle a little though!

bubs

As Tr, get onto the downs at Coley Hill by following the track up through Gatton (starts near Reigate Common). Follow it along and then either go along the North Downs towards Dorking or across Walton Heath to Headley. You can then link up with Box Hill and have a play before heading back via Brockham, Betchworth and Reigate bridleways. There will be loads of options/ideas on Strava as a number of groups to regular rides of that length.

nuke

Go back into the station and get the Reading train to Gomshall and start from there…head up to pitch/winterfold, then peaslake, holmbury, leith, westcott, dorking and back on train

mattjg
    Free Member

do what Nuke says

mattjg
    Free Member

You can then link up with Box Hill and have a play before heading back via Brockham, Betchworth and Reigate bridleways

I’m told this route is currently a quagmire.

Nice pint of Youngs at the Dolphin though.

bubs

Gomshall and out would definitely be more fun if you have the time – it is always good to have an excuse to get out of Redhill.

riddoch

link to route
    This is a similar route to an organised one I did from Reigate a few years back, with Evans or trail maker.

ibnchris

Thanks all. Riddoch, that looks like a winner to me.

alansd1980

Anything that involves headley/ box hill will be brutal at the moment.

Head west on the train and have a wander through leith and holmbury.
    I hear pitch is all chewed up at the moment as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Day ride starting at Redhill?’ is closed to new replies.