Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Day out somewhere near (ish) to Bristol
  • moonboy
    Free Member

Seeking suggestions from the hive.

Next Tuesday I have a day off (birthday) and nothing planned till the evening. Quite like to ride something different that isn’t too big a drive to Bristol.

Done the local stuff loads, Cwm Carn, Mendips, some of the Quantocks, GAP, Blackmountains, FOD etc . Done the MBR east Dartmoor, princ3town, haldon, woodbury… 10 years of riding while living in Brissle.

I’ve had a couple of go’s at GPXs in the Cotswolds and it’s never quite clicked. Did a route near Caerphilly a couple of years ago and that was fun. Never been to long Mynd, but that’s a bit of trek no?

I dunno. Any suggestions from possibly left field?

Moses

early train to Didcot (Or change there to Streatley Goring ), Wessex Ridgeway back to Chippenham, train back.

moonboy
    Free Member

Ohhh that sounds different. Will investigate. Thanks!

ajantom

TBH I’d avoid the Downs and the Ridgeway at this time of year. It will be a chalky, muddy slog.

There’s some absolutely cracking riding north of Bristol around Dursley and North Nibley. Some brilliant singletrack and plenty of longer XC stuff. The HOTs routes take in a lot of the good trails – might be able to find the .gpx files online.

moonboy
    Free Member

Yeah was just thinking chalk not ideal. I’ve had the roady round Dursley and have been MTB curious of that bit of country for a while. If you do find a gpx that would be ace.

rob2
    Free Member

Exmoor?

joebristol

Flyup 417?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Day out somewhere near (ish) to Bristol’ is closed to new replies.