Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Day Off Work Today – Should I ride in the Snow?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Told to stay at home today – should I go for a ride in the snow or should I work my normal hours at home ? 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

I'm having the same dilema, I think I'm gonna work for a bit then go out on my bike in my 'lunch break' and back to work this afternoon 8)

tootallpaul

I rode to work and it was fun. Will be taking the long way home…

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you take into account the time spent commuting on a normal day there's an obvious solution – commute to home.

Yesterday:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=177714&id=635999387&l=d03f7c7311

Although today I actually have to be in work. Hmph. The A609 on a mountain bike is not quite the same as the local woods.

Joe

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What JEngledow said

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ride!

We were out as the snow stated last night. 1-2 inch when I left home, 6,8 maybe 10 inches in places 2 hours later! 😀

nickegg
    Free Member

Ride!!!!! Just been out for an hour or so near Bristol Airport. Loads of snow here.

I'm supposed to be working from home too today but snowy local singletrack and bridleways are just too tempting!

I'll work into the night if it means i can go ride.

crispybacon
    Free Member

just got back home after battling the 15 miles into work only to be told that they were shutting the office – bastids

still gonna get out on the bike soon for a snow-fest winter bimble – woo hoo !!!

tracknicko
    Free Member

yes. but aim for the woods as it rolls faster!

mtbfix

The usual 40 min commute was rendered a 1.5hour trip this morning. The bike was reluctant in a foot of snow, I got a puncture somehow and a tree blocked the road and had to be clambered through with bike dragged behind. Epic commute type action.

will
    Free Member

Tried to get into work this morning. COuldn't make it, so was told to just check my emails and respond when I get home. I'm not going out on the bike 😆 That does kind of take the piss a little bit!

steveh

I fail to see how this is even a question. The title of this thread should be… day off work i'm riding in the snow

petefromearth

get your arse out there ….. how many chances do you get to ride your local trails in pristine snow?!

i went out at 7.30 – my boss phoned me but i was already on my bike! 🙂

made the first tracks in leigh woods, which was very satisfying, followed by tea and cake by the harbour

now i'm going to attempt to do some work on the sofa, maybe a bit of reading, report writing etc

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

HELL YES!!!! 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

It's too deep here to be able to ride offroad and actually enjoy it i.e. not have to continually stop/push/remount etc.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I got sent home from work but that was due to being in all night might still go out on the bike mind.

cheers_drive

I'm working at home until this afternoon, then I might go for a ride if I feel better

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

It was impossible to ride off road here in Surrey. Up to the axles on the flat. I tried, but just couldn't move the bike forwards. – I had to ride to work on the roads. – Bad karma, but it was quiet.

hitman
    Free Member

Just back from 2 hour quick blast – excellent fun didn't see anyone else out on a bike though 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Day Off Work Today – Should I ride in the Snow?’ is closed to new replies.