Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • David Rathband RIP
  • hora
    Free Member

**** terrible news 🙁

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sad.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I hope he is at peace now, tragic end to someones life.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

You could see it coming though, a terrible shame and hopefully he has found peace

dropoff

Very sad news

Coyote
    Free Member

RIP 🙁

retro83
    Free Member

RIP. Shame it couldn’t have been the fat **** who made a gun sign behind his back instead.

hora
    Free Member

In a way you could say you could see it coming however it was a total shock when I saw his picture on the news and the news reader start to read his name then.. 🙁

smogmonster

RIP PC Rathband, that scumbag Moat finally got what he wanted huh?

duckman

Shame.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Very sad! Rip

Houns

Poor fella…. RIP

ollie
    Free Member

Rip. I was shocked to hear this, very sad outcome,my thoughts are with his family.

nickf
    Free Member

RIP

I see this as a man killed in the line of duty, nothing more or less. Although a shock, it’s not a surprise.

higthepig
    Free Member

RIP, a very sad end.

IHN

Yeah, terribly sad. Thoughts to the family.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

In a way you could say you could see it coming

Let me think, he went from full time employment and being able to see, happily married with a great family life, to separated after losing his job and his sight and his family.

Living on his own with more and more despondent tweets, yes, you could see it coming, as brutal as it sounds, doesn’t alter the fact that he needed more support than he got in the final few weeks

Tango-Man
    Free Member

double post

hora
    Free Member

This sounds a tad callous but when Gazza finally goes I wont shed a tear.

Philby

Very sad news – he was obviously very troubled since losing his sight. I hope he has found his peace – RIP.

yossarian
    Free Member

WTF?

carbon337
    Free Member

Thoughts are with his wife, kids and friends.

Very tragic story – taken away from his family by a total coward.

I didn’t know him but his optimism he showed after the tragic event was so inspiring. RIP 🙁

He lived not far from me, the people of the North East have an awful lot of time for him. I will do some fundraising event for his charity as a mark of respect.

Hora – how can i put it…. **** off with that gazza stuff. Whats that got to do with it?

hora
    Free Member

No I was just thinking about the events and him offering to take him food and alcohol. How their lives were different, how a while back David Rathband was charged over a domestic incident of course brought about by what had happened to him. The support? Was it there? Whereas Gazza has had a life where he lived to excess, hit out drunk and was he vilified in the public eye over this? Like I said, it just got me thinking of others involved/the whole situation.

fasthaggis

Very sad news ,such a shame.

njee20
    Free Member

In a way you could say you could see it coming

He didn’t.

A real shame, hat’s off to him for what he achieved in the last couple of years, it’s impossible for something like that not to irreparably alter ones life, and at least he was more pro-active on the charity stuff than most of us will ever be.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Genuinely shocked by this news. What a sad end. RIP.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

WTF + 1

Nice, very nice.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Where was the support structure? After suffering such a trauma in the line of duty I assume the force provided councelling to help him get to grips with his new life. If not, shame on them.

bigpole
    Free Member

I think he did not recieve the support that such a tragedy like he suffered required. The extra demands on his physical and mental state and media attention that the whole saga created were not dealt with correctly . He was let down.

njee20
    Free Member

Wasn’t that why he set up the charity for folk injured in the line of duty, because that support wasn’t there?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As if any support or counselling could compensate for being blinded.

warton
    Free Member

RIP, very sad, virtually no support offered to him IMO.

Hora, you could argue that ‘Gazza’ had similair problems to Rathband, acute depression, very little support from his employers when he was an alcoholic, he has been very ill and listening to interviews with him, he is far from proud with his involvement with Moat.

Cougar

Heard it on the news this morning. Heartbreaking. Poor sod.

BoardinBob

Woody
    Free Member

Before we condemn the lack of support, it might be useful if there was a bit more info on what help he actually received or was offered.

Regardless of that, it is very sad indeed. RIP

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Can we not bring Gazza or any of that other bitchy stuff into it. This is about PC David RATHBAND and his tragic loss of live. The whole incident is horrific, Chris BROWN lost his life as a result of a murderous act, PC RATHBAND went on to suffer horrific life changing injuries, that if I’m honest I don’t think I would ever be able to deal with. Followed by Peter BOATMAN, the director of Pro-Tect systems that had provided the force wit hteh tasers, he went on to commit suicide too.

A horrific incident all round. You have to remember how much support can you offer? I think (from reading PC RATHBAND’s book) he was offered support but if mentally you can’t deal with it, you don’t tell people, they have no idea, what can you do?

Hora, I don’t think PC RATHBAND was ever charged with the assault. either way it really doesn’t matter now.

Thoughts go out to his wife and kids.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Can we not bring Gazza or any of that other bitchy stuff into it.

The OP already did. 🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

Well said Munqe-chick

Coyote
    Free Member

Well put Munqe chick

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter who brought him in this isn’t a time or place for a discussion on that idiot, or frankly any other idiots during the course of that tragic incidnet. This is a time to reflect on what happened, and thinking about supporting PC Rathband’s colleagues, friends, family and anyone else traumatised by it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘David Rathband RIP’ is closed to new replies.