Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • David Laws resigns – what a load of ****
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

David Laws has resigned. This country is going to the dogs 'cos a soon as we get bright people who can do some good things, the press & the rest knock them down. I don't want a load of lilly-white angels running the show that are 'perfect' but good for nothing.

rant over

C

Houns

I don't want fraudsters running the country

allthepies
    Free Member

He's a fool. Had to go.

sc-xc

1 less crook.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Has to be the right thing to do, how else do politicians have any hope of establishing their integrity?

cynic-al
    Free Member

He screwed up, whether well intentioned or not. He was always going to have to go.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Rather than bright people who act fraudulently, I would prefer wise people who are honest and act in the people's interest.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Should be jailed for that type of fraud – we would be.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Like I said, certainly not a fool, just more tallent gone. No doubt he'll go back to working in the city and make more millions instead of using his talent to the benefit of the UK. You can say another fraudster gone but do we really want a load of guys running the UK who have never had a speeding ticket, never slept with a hooker, never done anything edgy at all.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

He is too clever not to realise that what he did was greedy and stupid. He could have sorted it all before the end of the last parliament. We are meant to be turning over a new leaf here after all.

His sexuality is irrelevant, but as a constituent of an out gay conservative MP I am not sure why he really felt he had to hide it.

It wasn't a hooker he screwed, it was us.

IanMunro
    Free Member

. I don't want a load of lilly-white angels running the show that are 'perfect' but good for nothing.

Damn straight. What we need is more brillant bent crooks running the place.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Damn straight. What we need is more brillant bent crooks running the place.

😆

Edit: tiger – tra chap.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

One less white man

Coyote
    Free Member

never done anything edgy at all

Edgy, yes. Bent*, no.
    *Bent as in financially corrupt, not as in dancing at the other end of the ballroom.

allthepies
    Free Member

tiger – nice backtracking 🙂

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Just seeing if anyone would rise – I could be meaning it's a bad thing!

midlifecrashes

One less crook

Who is next

Not rocket science, look at the Telegraph paper and website, compare it to the list of MPs. If they're squeaky clean they've been published, anyone in the previous cabinet and shadow cabinet with a skeleton has already been given the treatment. Look who they haven't gone for yet. Would be nice if HMG could forward the £40k repayment cheque to the two gentlemen of Malawi.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good show.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

FFS, can we not just give this coalition a chance? I'd forgotten the last time I agreed with political news I hear in the media – until post-election this year. What a breath of fresh air it was, getting those cash-burning goody-goody tw*ts out. Please let's not ruin things so soon. Wishful thinking, I know.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Headline: Thief loses job!

I don't give a flying f_ck who people choose to share bodily fluids with but this article clearly has no integrity or honesty in his body. Such people have no place in public office!

druidh
    Free Member

Resigned his cabinet post – not as an MP you'll notice. I wonder when his constituents will get a chance to remedy that?

allthepies
    Free Member

Guess he's used to living a lie re: his sexuality. Seems that it's crossed the boundaries into his financial life also.

Odd that it's got this far, presumably the spooks knew all about his personal and financial affairs and would have advised clegeron accordingly before his appointment was made.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

thv3
    Free Member

Fraud is fraud.

Should be prosecuted, regardless of whether he is now going to give it back.

Obviously wasn't planning to give it back, and doesn't count once you are caught.

Imagine this philosophy and logic was applied in the criminal justice system?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I support the coalition. But they have to hang all miscreants out to dry.

allthepies
    Free Member

>I support the coalition. But they have to hang all miscreants out to dry.

+1

noteeth
    Free Member
    highclimber
    Free Member

he apporpraited money from his employer by being dishonest. THAT IS FRAUD.
    whether he did it out of shame of his sexuality or not. it is no excuse for being DISHONEST and FRAUDULENT

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have deep symoathy for him. He did not realise he was breaking the law – as he did not feel they lived as married. He lied /misled to keep his privacy over his sexuality who knows why he did it. My cousin keeps his secret as his Dad woulod do his nut stop his Mum seeing him she would ignore him and he would then leave her so not really self interest or shame but thinking of others and living alie for his family.
    I suspect,in light of the new Coalitions desire to look beyone reproach he was always going to have to resign. I have sympathy for him…sometimes the reasonn for the lie/crime is actually important and should be talen into account.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Chris E – What are you on? You want crooks and fraudsters running the country did no on tell you meow meow is dangerous. This gus is the worse king of crook he hardly needed the money and then trys to blame it on his sexuality as If anyone had an issue with it. We have got off so lucky as this chap seems like a nasty piece of work to me.

iDave
    Free Member

Please let's not ruin things so soon

WTF? Is it us who is ruining things or thieving scrotes? Are you insane?

epicsteve
    Free Member

He's a thief who got caught. Of course he had to go (to jail preferably).

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

do we really want a load of guys running the UK who have never had a speeding ticket, never slept with a hooker, never done anything edgy at all.

But those examples are so banal. C'mon, how about really edgy guys? Crossbow cannibals? Necrophiliac handicapped granny muggers? I mean, they're *more edgy* so surely they'd be better?

Best of all would be…

bobbyspangles

chris laws arranged a house purchase for his partner, then claimed for money as rent which he then paid to his partner.
    sexuality has nothing to do with it and listening to supporting mps' try and squirm out of admitting there is a problem was ludicrous- David Laws has also offered to pay back the 40,000, this does not make it ok.

we, as a nation need to get some strength back and support correct procedure, not enduring politics of necessity o corruption.

deft
    Free Member

Even under the new rules MPs can claim £1450 a month for a 2nd home. Dear tabloids: the donkey is long dead.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

i have deep sympathy for him. He did not realise he was breaking the law – as he did not feel they lived as married

Call me old fashioned if you like, but if you've been chucking your man fat up someone on a regular basis for the last nine years, they're not really just a random stranger are they!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Facts, corrupt thief who took £40k of our money. Talented and bright? Enough said. No sympathy, a crook is a crook. Using ones sexuality as an excuse doesn't make it right to break the law for any of us.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow Z-11 you really should let that warm sensitive side out more often 🙄

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Another thieving rich git who robbed all of us gone

Even worse that he tried to play the homophobic card to try and explain the covering up of his fradulent actions

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘David Laws resigns – what a load of ****’ is closed to new replies.