• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by root.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dashcams – what's good, any recommendations?
  • root
    Free Member

I want a dashcam for my van. Nothing too fancy just to provide evidence to insurance co if things go tits up. Who’s got one? Any recommendations?

nickjb
    Free Member

This is a good place to start: http://www.techmoan.com/what-is-the-best-dashcam/

root
    Free Member

Thanks for that but thats guys site couldn’t look more like an spammy affiliate farm if it tried.

DezB
    Free Member

I use one of these on the bike – good quality, would be fine as a dash cam and comes with a mount for it: http://r.ebay.com/FwBoWl

somouk
    Free Member

I have a roadhawk in my car and it’s excellent, been faultless over the last year and picture quality is good.

Jason
    Free Member

I have been using a Mobius for the past few months. Cheap and fairly easy to set up – I think some of the more expensive options have better interfaces, but really once it is setup you shouldn’t have to change the settings. Once fitted in the car it isn’t too obvious, and turns on when I start the engine so I forget it is there. Picture quality is good. For the money it is great.

I have mounted mine to the windscreen with the Mobius helmet mount. This is pretty low profile, and sort of hides behind the mirror.

root
    Free Member

I use one of these on the bike – good quality, would be fine as a dash cam and comes with a mount for it: http://r.ebay.com/FwBoWl

Cheers, i’ll take a look at that.

I have a roadhawk in my car and it’s excellent, been faultless over the last year and picture quality is good.

That looks great, thanks for that one too.

root
    Free Member

Once fitted in the car it isn’t too obvious, and turns on when I start the engine so I forget it is there. Picture quality is good. For the money it is great.

Thanks Jason, that pretty much sums up what i’m after, minimal hassle, good enough quality. Those mobius jobbies are more reasonably priced comapared to the roadhawk tbh too.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, with my one, you’d have to turn it off and on using the little buttons. The LEDs that show it’s working may not be too easy to see tucked up against a windscreen. (Cheap though!)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nothing too fancy just to provide evidence to insurance co if things go tits up.

Am I right in saying that all a dashcam is going to show is you running into someone?

fasthaggis

OP
    What you need sir is total surveillance

Just have a Micro Air Vehicle follow you everywhere ,sorted.

Weapon upgrades available
    🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Am I right in saying that all a dashcam is going to show is you running into someone?

Or them reversing into you, or running into the back of you and saying you reversed etc.

scotroutes

I use the Autoguard Blackbox app on my Android phone

root
    Free Member

Or them reversing into you, or running into the back of you and saying you reversed etc.

Exactly. There’s so much fraud these days I think it’s only a matter of time before these are made compulosry by insurance co’s by just making it prohibitively expensive to insure without one. Same for blackboxes.

I personally want one to not be shafted by someone lying to an insurance co or the insurance co forcing you to take 50/50 becuase it’s your word against the third party.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dashcams – what's good, any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.