Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dartmoorists – Saturday, possibly, maybe ???
  • trailmonkey

Any banjo players have any plans for eastern Dartmoor on Saturday ?

I’m feeling mountain bike curious for once.

slugwash
    Free Member

Limbering up for the forthcoming Christmas ride? 😉

What sort of time/how long? As Jimbob’s stood me up on a bivi excursion I might be up for it. Got to ferry kids around in morning & late PM though.

qwerty
    Free Member

[waves] hello [/waves]

OCB
    Free Member

Ah, if the timing works out, that might be a novel change from running tomorrow, (if) so …what bike for Eastern Dartmoor?

qwerty
    Free Member

.what bike for Eastern Dartmoor?

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve possibly got a free afternoon courtesy of Grandma.. whassa plan den?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Can anyone play?

I was thinking of heading out Saturday afternoon for a quick loop. Possibly from Bennets Cross over to Hound Tor way or maybe Hunter’s Tor / Lustleigh.

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve now been told that I’ll be in charge of a 9 year old all day tomorrow so am reverting to my original back-up plan of a road ride up to Dartmoor on Sunday morning.

Have fun!

trailmonkey

haven’t ridden off road for 6 months so i’ll be giving the 2 valleys a miss.

was planning to ride from the hound out towards bellever but i need to do this a.m really.

looks like my plans are a bit out of step with everyone else 😥

@ qwerty – long time no see. hope all is good 8)

Shinythings
    Free Member

It ain’t pretty up there as I found out last Sat. Heading west on the stony stuff should avoid the gloop.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Is it bad up there then?
    I have Tuesday booked for a cleave then over to grimspound, vitifer mine, Bennets cross, easdon tor, bowermans,manaton, cleave again.

Edit, can’t make Saturday I have the kids in the morning and afternoons is Gawton time. 🙂

Si
    Free Member

😯 *Is in shock….

trailmonkey

carl, i was up there last weekend walking and it’s fine. if you’re expecting dustyness you might be disappointed, otherwise it’s exactly as you might expect east dartmoor to be in the winter – bennets cross area is a bit squelchy but the cleave is pretty well drained.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Gorgeous day here (N Devon) get out there and have fun y`all! Wish i didn’t have to work today!

carlphillips
    Free Member

Cheers Tm if it’s too boggy then I’ll miss out vitifer/Bennetts etc
    Gawton trails were sweet today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoorists – Saturday, possibly, maybe ???’ is closed to new replies.