• This topic has 18 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Si.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dartmoor ride tomorrow afternoon anyone???
  • crispybacon
    Free Member

I got really depressed & fed up 😕 looking out the office window today at the fantastic sunny riding weather so I thought **** it I'm having some of that! 😆

Anyway I've bagged a half day off work tomorrow afternoon & I'm off to Princetown for a Dartmoor loop. The plan is to get to Princetown for 1pm-ish & then head off towards Burrator doing a figure of 8 loop, if my legs hold out, that's 2 x down the widow maker & back to Princetown via the old railway line.

If anybody fancy's an afternoon bimble on Dartmoor then email me or meet me at the High Moorland Visitors car park around 1pm.

carlphillips
    Free Member

put my back out today getting up off the sofa!!!! would've been up for that though!!

enjoy..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hope it cheers you up

jam-bo

that'd be nice. shame my schedule is looking chocka tomorrow.

anyone planning any night rides anytime soon? been sorting my lights out this evening.

ps. if your coming from ashburton direction then the poundsgate road is closed during the day for resurfacing this week.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Cheers guys some other time maybe & Jam bo thanks for the heads up about poundsgate luckily (?) I'm heading out from Plymuff.

Looks like it's crispy no-mates tomorrow then…….. will take some pics to show you what you're missing 8)

carlphillips
    Free Member

i think sponging machine is looking for a plymuff afternoon ride, try him

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

morpheus, you up for it ?

crispybacon
    Free Member

morpheus, you up for it ?

Lol @ dartmoor_rocks

The 'morpheus' the merrier I say.

Thanks FMH I've emailed s-m/c to see if he's coming out to play.

adey205
    Free Member

am i missing something here!
    surely tuesday's a work day?!

carlphillips
    Free Member

not for me i only work on wed/thurs/fri

😀

adey205
    Free Member

alright for some!

crispybacon
    Free Member

surely tuesday's a work day?!

Correct, however when your work mates have a golf-day on the Monday then I'm entitled to have a MTB-halfday ride on Tuesday, especially as it's going to be dry, sunny & very little wind

adey205
    Free Member

you win.
    just jealous i suppose. being stuck in a hot workshop in this fine weather's not helping

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Thanks for the email, Crispy. Forgot to say that I had a fantabulous day on Exmoor today. Bluest skies and the best view of Wales I've seen up there, plus the ride I mapped out was cracking.

Have fun tomorrow.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Thanks for the email, Crispy. Forgot to say that I had a fantabulous day on Exmoor today. Bluest skies and the best view of Wales I've seen up there, plus the ride I mapped out was cracking.

Have fun tomorrow.

Si
    Free Member

Jambo get out this Sun for a ride. Wont be a rapid one but will be an all dayer

slugwash
    Free Member

Have a good 'un Crispy. Shame I can't make it today but I am about to pedal off to work with my new 100 lumen torch that I got from Cornwall Farmers strapped to my helmet. It puts the old Tesco 3 watter to shame.

BTW, it's unfair to pick on people with limited social skills who don't understand what the contour lines on a map represent so leave poor old Morpheus alone or he'll never come out riding with us 😉

Mind you, I sometimes wonder whether Morpheus is really a troll login for one of the more mischevious Do'Mo Mo'Fo Kru.

Have a good ride.

jam-bo

Si – might do, not looking like there will be any water in the rivers so boating is out.

Depends how good the party I'm going to on Saturday night is….

Si
    Free Member

Will prob be 10.30 at the Hound but il let you know Jim

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor ride tomorrow afternoon anyone???’ is closed to new replies.