Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dartmoor, Haldon? Any rides I can tag along with this weekend?
  • Bucko

As above really, just looking to get out after a few months off the bike.

Bucko

Del

hub @11 sunday

Bucko

Nice one, an 11am start will suit my hangover quite well.

chives
    Free Member

Del, I haven’t been over to Haldon for a while – what state are the trails in (last I was there there were some horrific braking bumps forming)?

foxyrider
    Free Member

How about a 90 mile road ride Bucko 😉

Bucko

@foxyrider, i think i’d fall asleep through boredom after about 10 miles, or collapse in a sweaty heap if i lasted much longer.

Let me know if you’ve ever after some company on a proper bike ride though 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – will do – wish I could read a book or watch telly whilst on the road 😉

trailmonkey

*waves at everyone from behind a pile of books*

slugwash
    Free Member

*waves at everyone from behind a pile of books*

Have you been nicking them from work? 😉

PS: Get a Kindle!

Burchy1
    Free Member

chives – Member

Del, I haven’t been over to Haldon for a while – what state are the trails in (last I was there there were some horrific braking bumps forming)?
    Posted 2 hours ago

Depends which bits you mean really, if its the red route then yes there are a few, the first blue dh is also quite bad.

cheeky stuff bar one trail is in great condition though. 🙂

chives
    Free Member

Thanks Burchy1, did the cafe shut, or did someone take it on – my missus loved their cake…

PrinceJohn

(last I was there there were some horrific braking bumps forming)?

Last time I was there I thought the braking bumps on the black section (the one that takes you down the by the old ladder drop) were going to either snap my frame or give me whiplash.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Thanks Burchy1, did the cafe shut, or did someone take it on – my missus loved their cake…

Was up there a few weeks back & the cafe was closed.
    There was a burger van there doing hot food & drinks tho 🙂

trailmonkey

they do seem determined to stumble from one colossal cluster **** to another up there don’t they ?

Bucko

@Del, I’m so sorry if you guys waited for me but to cut a long story short I got far too drunk last night and woke up 30 miles from home

Stupid.is
    Free Member

As people might be aware the cafe is shut. From what I know it closed to breaches of the lease around rent and opening times. Good news is that about 40 parties have shown interest in the lease so here’s hoping for a quick turn around!

ontor
    Free Member

Does anyone know if there’s a plan to build a decent black run at haldon?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor, Haldon? Any rides I can tag along with this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.