Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dartmoor Conditions
  • Bucko

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice from anyone who’s been up there over the weekend or recently. I’m gagging to get out as I haven’t been up on the moor for nearly a month.

I’m planning on a ride tomorrow (Monday), should I head for the Cleave where i’m assuming the steep hills drain well? Or maybe out towards Hound Tor, Headland Warren where it dried out really well back in May? Maybe the Princetown to Burrator loop?

I’m obviously not expecting perfect conditions but if it’s going to be a complete mud bath everywhere then i’ll just stick to Haldon as I can ride there from my front door.

Cheers

carlphillips
    Free Member

bucko not quite dartmoor but ive just been up through plym valley where despite the dry weather since yesterday there is a phenomenal amount of water draining down through, I’d imagine the open moor will be hard going for a wee while yet, the cleave might be worth a go though.

Bucko

Hi Carl, very long time no see!

I’m expecting to be up the cleave as I imagine it drains quite well once you’re up above the river. Do you still get out up that way in the evenings much?

ontor
    Free Member

Just got back from houndtor- grimspound – widi – warrwnhouse epic and it’s pretty good up there! some bits were a bit claggy but I rode the singlespeed KM with no worries

billyboulders
    Free Member

Was up there yesterday evening for a quick bimble about, not too bad along the top and down the nutcracker but the traverse to foxworthy and the path between the houses at the bottom and peck farm were horrendous. Not just muddy but pools of standing water. Worst conditions I have seen there in years, even in the depths of winter. The descent down to the clam bridge from Water was wetter than I can remember it ever being too.

Excellent fun though 😀

Bucko

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I’ll just go wherever takes my fancy in the morning, at least now I know it’s all passable and not under a foot of water.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Conditions’ is closed to new replies.