Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dartmoor area… Cheap places to stay
  • brack
    Free Member

Heading down to Dartmoor for an explore. Where would be good place to stay that is cheap…. Anyone know of any decent bunkhouses or yha's in the area. Have heard Ashburton is nice?

Cheers

rkk01
    Free Member

This place is free – to residents…

snaps
    Free Member

Try the Plume of feathers in Princetown

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Flaperon

Second the Plume of Feathers if you're looking for a bunkhouse. Virtually the whole of East Dartmoor is at your toes for cycling, though a braver man than me would attempt the Dunnabridge stepping stones at the moment…

toys19
    Free Member

There is a great cafe in Princetown with a bunkhouse. The breakfast is amazing, I mean amazing. I didn't get to be a fat got without sampling a few brekkies around the world, and fox tor is good. Metres from the plume of feathers for beer and some great trails. Princetown to burrator and back up the old railway is a fave.
    fill yer face and sleep tight here

Si
    Free Member

Fox Tor cafe is a good place, but you want to be ridin the Eastern Moor. So Hound Torr area. Thats Dartmoor at its best.

Drop us a mail if you want a guide…

Shinythings
    Free Member

YHA at Bellever which gives you great access to all the south moor stuff.
    A mixture of camping, hostel and a night or two cheap B+B to clean up is the way forward for a weeks cheap tour.
    As the chump above says, a few old lags here who would be happy to show you around.

saleem
    Free Member

the two bridges hotel used to be ok

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor area… Cheap places to stay’ is closed to new replies.