Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Darkside training on empty
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Being one of those old time ‘do as I say not as I do’ type of riders, I stubbornly went out for a steady 100km on total empty. And flip me 15 miles in I was keeling over.

I’d missed breakfast, lunch the lot. I’d only managed some water all day that was around on site, not a morsel of food.

How frickin stupid. Strangely however I felt as right as rain at about 40 miles and on 😕

And what made me go out? well the weather looked so good….der.

oldgit
    Free Member

I did mention it was darkside training not off road, didn’t I?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

IT’S ROAD CYCLING AND THIS IS A MOUNTAIN BIKE FORUM. USE A ROAD BIKE FORUM, THERE ARE PLENTY AVAILABLE.

Edit, forgot to add 😉

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Chill Winston!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Dear oldgit,
    You are not alone.

SB

mboy
    Free Member

I couldn’t contemplate 100km on road without at least 6 weetabix for breakfast, a stop half way round for a sausage sandwich and a slice of cake, and a big dinner when I got home! 😕

RealMan
    Free Member

Done it before. Felt awful, but didn’t really effect me performance wise that much interestingly.

oldgit
    Free Member

IT’S ROAD CYCLING AND THIS IS A MOUNTAIN BIKE FORUM. USE A ROAD BIKE FORUM, THERE ARE PLENTY AVAILABLE

Sadly they’re for the sort of people that wear a shirt and tie to mow the lawn.

TheBrick
    Free Member

. Strangely however I felt as right as rain at about 40 miles and on

Possible explanation / idea

First part of the ride you were burning off whatever if any remaining glycogen in your muscles, after 40 miles you had fully kicked into burning fat and the body had kind of become more efficient at that in some way?

oldgit
    Free Member

First part of the ride you were burning off whatever if any remaining glycogen in your muscles, after 40 miles you had fully kicked into burning fat and the body had kind of become more efficient at that in some way?

That’ll do 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Darkside training on empty’ is closed to new replies.