Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Darkside sort of, maybe not
  • shoei
    Free Member

I has managed to blag me a recumbent to get fit on(long story short, MS makes my arms hurt so a road bike is no good and a hybrid may cause same problems. MTB off road acts as a distraction so no pain till i stop) but its got Sachs twist grips and Shimano LX rear mech. Part of me is wondering if the old sachs is 1:1 there by making shifting a pain.
    Hope that makes sense.

wombat

Cool!! Pics?

njee20
    Free Member

No it doesn't really make sense!

Are you asking if the Sachs shifters are causing bad shifting? Sachs shifters are rather old, so they may be worn out, you could just fit any Shimano shifter you want.

aP
    Free Member

Does the shifter have a little grey slider close to where the cable exits? If so this used to increase the click to CLICK! to change gear. Try it in the other position and that may make it easier. My 98 F900 has Sachs Plasma gears which still work surprisingly well.

shoei
    Free Member

Will look at some shimano shifters then, see if i can get some 8 speed twist or rapid fire.

Here's the beastie. Took a few mins to get used to starting, but fun once going.

epicsteve
    Free Member

While I couldn't see myself owning one of those I'd still love to have a go.

rOcKeTdOg

i love the 3 wheeled versions, i'd hate to ride one of those in traffic though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Darkside sort of, maybe not’ is closed to new replies.