Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Darkside- hire (where northwest/WYorks)?
  • hora
    Free Member

Not sure if I want to take the plunge (could be expensive impulse etc) however would like to hire a bike first to see if I really do want to get back in road riding. Thing is, I dont want to hire a bike on proviso that I buy that specific bike afterwards (i.e. you get your £30 back after a 'test ride' if you then buy) if that makes sense. Are there any dedicated specific places that hire out decentish bikes?

Junkyard
    Free Member

hora still having probs with e-mail you can borrow one of mine if you want to try it out to see if it is for you.
    YOU MUST PROMNISE TO NOT CHANGE THE FORKS OR SPRAY IT GREEN 😉

joemarshall
    Free Member

i.e. you get your £30 back after a 'test ride' if you then buy

Why not? £30 is pretty cheap for hiring a decent bike, and you don't have to buy it if you don't want. You will quite likely get something a million times better than any bike hire place to ride too.

Joe

wwaswas

£30 is cheap. Some places charge that for half a day on a cheapy mtb.

how long are you going to want it for – a week?

I'd buy a cheap road bike off here and sell it on when you'd made a decision – you'd lose less money than paying the hire fee I'd expect.

hora
    Free Member

No no. I mean the test rig bikes. Where the shop thinks you are potentially interested in buying that particular bike. You pay them say £30 and you get it back if you then decide to buy said bike. I dont want to mislead a LBS/salesman into thinking they may have a sale. I want simply a bike to see if I like it..plus I want to get the sizing spot on rather than buy on one run. Get to know the sizing through trial rather than error. 🙂

Junkyard where are you based?

joemarshall
    Free Member

I'd buy a cheap road bike off here and sell it on when you'd made a decision – you'd lose less money than paying the hire fee I'd expect.

Good point, I did that when I was in New Zealand – 4 months 'hire' cost me $35 NZD (about £12 at the time).

Joe

Junkyard
    Free Member

Chorley 30 mins away from you by Car that is 25 ish miles??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Darkside- hire (where northwest/WYorks)?’ is closed to new replies.