Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Dark Side clothing advice..
  • whitestone
    Free Member

@chapaking – arm (and leg) warmers are versatile. As ransos says you can head out on a cool morning wearing them then as things warm up take them off and put in jersey pockets since they are low bulk. When you get to a cafe stop then put them back on to avoid cooling down too much.

When it’s properly cool and unlikely to warm up during the day then it’s LS jersey and possibly LS thermal underneath along with a gilet.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” (178cm) and 11st2lb (71kg) and wear medium gabba. In fact virtually every bit of road kit I have is medium.

Rather than being aware of roadie sizing be aware of roadie fit. The Gabba is a ‘race’ fit, as is most top end Castelli kit.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Well I just ordered a few Scott bits from the link above – 2 jerseys, arm warmers and leg warmers with 70% off so less than the price of one Castelli top. I’ll see how it feels and fits and take it from there.

Thanks again all.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You’ll find the Scott stuff OK.. Then you’ll buy a gabba and never use the other stuff again. It’s worth shopping around on wiggle, Evans, probikekit, Amazon etc.. I picked up a LS gabba for £75 and SS perfetto for £60. They are streets ahead of regular road kit. Knowing you aren’t going to get cold / soaked through etc. Is a big incentive to keep riding when the weather is not so good

iainc

Then you’ll buy a gabba and never use the other stuff again

I agree with this. Have LS and SS Gabba’s and a SS Perfetto and they cover all rides other than the very rare warm summer windless day. If temp is between zero and 18 degrees I don’t go near my drawer full of other tops 😳

hughjayteens
    Free Member

LOL – you are probably right! No biggy, if the fit is OK I can relegate them to winter MTB or CX use as I won’t mind them getting dirty!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Well the Scott stuff has arrived and it looks great! I ordered the premium jersey which was reduced from £150 and it claims to work well down to roughly zero degrees.

Cyclesurgery near my office has the Castelli Perfetto in so I managed to try one on. It was nice and felt ‘stiffer’ so possibly more windproof, but for £40, this Scott top is worth keeping as a spare if nothing else. I’ll try it out this weekend and see how it goes.

I also got the Helium jersey which is categorised for 5-15 degress and again, at £35 is probably too good not to keep. Doesn’t feel as good or as warm as the Premium.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Dark Side clothing advice..’ is closed to new replies.