Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dan Browns Inferno…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I went to watch this last night, to be honest I would have enjoyed poking my eyes out with a Brexiteers pen more.

I won’t spoil it for you, but if you’re a “fan” of this sort of thing then you could probably make up a more interesting story and blink into a halogen lamp with more enjoyment.

P-Jay
    Free Member

So, good, bad? Stop sitting in the fence.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw the preview when I went to see a decent film (Free State of Jones) and Inferno looked atrocious from the trailer! Can’t stand Tom Hanks anyway, so no chance I would’ve gone to see it really 🙂

Drac

The first one was just awful so I’ve no intention of watching the others.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I heard a review which picked up on my criticism of the books where Dan Brown assumes everyone is stupid and needs the most minute detail given about the most mundane tasks.
    I’m sure some will enjoy the film, which is a recording of moving images that tells a story and that people watch on a screen or television.

DezB
    Free Member

a recording of moving images that tells a story and that people watch on a screen or television.

You’re giving Inferno too much credit there 😆

prawny

I thought the Davinci Code was going to be one of those rare beasts where the book is worse than the film (I’m looking at you High Fidelity), mainly because the book was atrocious and I didn’t think it could be worse.

I was wrong.

andyfla
    Free Member

You went to see a film based on a Dan brown novel and thought it would be good ?

I think you need a long hard look in the mirror

GolfChick
    Free Member

Grimy off of radio 1 fell asleep so although he’s an utter idiot I wouldn’t of gone to see it because if it can’t stimulate someone with that sized brain, it certainly won’t float my boat!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Grimy off of radio 1 fell asleep so although he’s an utter idiot I wouldn’t of gone to see it because if it can’t stimulate someone with that sized brain, it certainly won’t float my boat!

You never know.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My reflection in the mirror is way more handsome than the image I have in my head of myself, blessed with charm and intellect and open optimism.

MrsBouy fell asleep for 15mins too…

tthew

Yes it was a pretty poor film, but what annoyed me most was the soul searching about a lost relationship,

“I couldn’t ask you to leave Cambridge”
    “and I couldn’t stop you from going to Geneva”

Bloody hell, that’s only about 10 hours by car through Le Tunnel and probably quicker on Eurostar. Leave on Friday lunch time, and you could be getting jiggy with it that evening. FFS. Americans and their grasp of geography.

rkk01
    Free Member

I put up with the book – up until the last couple of pages…

WTF??? Did Dan Brown suddenly realise he had a train to catch…?

jon1973
    Free Member

I won’t spoil it for you, but if you’re a “fan” of this sort of thing then you could probably make up a more interesting story and blink into a halogen lamp with more enjoyment.

Same as the other two Dan Brown films then.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well there is one good thing that this film has going for it and that is a good old fashioned Kermodian rant. It’s not up there with Pirates 3 or Sex in the City 2, but it was still a joy to listen to.

Jakester
    Free Member

Is this the one with Noetics (sp?) in it?

I worked with someone who believed everything she read in that book as gospel (pardon the pun). 😯

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I think Inferno could be the worst book I’ve ever read, I don’t know why I bothered finishing it, truly awful, it even makes the Da Vinci Code seem like a literary classic.

So if the film is worse than the book 😥 😥

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oh dear, just back from the bug house and you weren’t joking

I actually enjoyed DVC, tolerated A&D but that was just awful. Took the whole family too…. 🙁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dan Browns Inferno…’ is closed to new replies.