Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Dan Atherton Enduro…wow!!
  • Wookster

This is awesome!! I can’t follow this on video how is he so fast!!!

http://xtrememountainbike.com/awesome/enduro-with-dan-atherton

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yes he has epic fitness, but thats his job so he has to have.
    Really does make me look like the fat knacker I am wheezing around a few 4 minute enduro stages once a year.

Wookster

It’s the speed he reads the trail that’s stunning me!! 😯

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

scary thing is, Ritchie rude was almost half a minute quicker than Dan on that section :O

Wookster

It’s unreal that he was so fast but wasnt top!!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They don’t muck about those elite racers do they! One of the best POV’s of 2015.

Followed by The Manon and Rachel comparison video.

Eddie Masters and Reece Potters RAW edits 8)

deanfbm
    Free Member

Whole new level of respect of what they’re doing.

Such high output for such an extended amount of time.

chubstr
    Free Member

Can someone explain to me what Enduro is? from that it looked like really long Downhill

darrenspink
    Free Member

Apart from the speed and the fact someone did this stage a whole lot quicker, whats also crazy is the length and variation of terrain on this video which you would never (unfortunately) find in the UK.

doordonot
    Free Member

That bit at around 4.35ish and 7ish minutes… That’s how I ride all the time. I don’t follow the trails, just ride straight through the forests, picking my way through the trees. Or I’m in the expanse of the moors, making new lines where none exist. I call it ‘natural play’. It’s all shadows and negative space, contours and voids. Often I close one eye, then the other, alternating every few minutes so I ride in 2D to keep my skills sharp. ‘China in your hand’ on my walkman keeps me ‘on edge’, focussed. In the zone.

chubstr
    Free Member

‘China in your hand’ on my walkman keeps me ‘on edge’, focussed. In the zone.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4sV3lqzKqQ[/video]

Haunting

Wookster

^^ doordonot that’s brilliant!!

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Love how at 7 mins ish he tells himself to chill!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That was a fun last stage, it’s also quite humbling on some of the tech sections (the bit after the second fire road), Too Tight & Angry Pirate – are really, really awkward to ride hard, and fast, let alone at the end of a big day out, when you are on the redline, nearly 10 minutes in to the final stage.

Last year the final stage was a solid 8 minutes longer than this one, it was disgusting 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Can someone explain to me what Enduro is? from that it looked like really long Downhill

Downhill with a lot more pedalling? I’m sure the shift to more technical and steeper DH courses is a direct result of the rise in popularity of enduro, and possible the main reason pedally-Pietermaritzburg no longer features on the World Cup DH circuit.

I suspect even Aaron Gwin couldn’t win an enduro stage with no chain 🙂

Sandwich

I’ve worked out that the lack of tapes in the woods is what makes me slow. That and being unable to breathe like a phone sex pest for 15 minutes!

chakaping
    Free Member

Very impressive. Trails look great too, what I can see of them.

Tried to do a screengrab but it came out like this…

richmtb

I’d seen that clip a while ago, it still impresses. The bit where he is doing maybe 40mph down a fire road and just fires straight into the singletrack without even slightly checking his speed just blows my mind

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

very cool video, man that is quick, seriously quick (and quite scary!)

andyrm
    Free Member

Multiple DH stages, typically linked by untimed ride sections to the top of the next. Enduro stages tend to be both longer and more natural than their DH equivalent.

An EWS event may well be 6-7 stages and 120k over 2 days. That’s tough going on a big bike with soft tyres, wearing a full face helmet all day.

bigjim

I think that stage would take me 45 minutes?

slackalice
    Free Member

Same same. Along with numerous broken bones and a disfigured bike that’s been wrapped around a tree or two 😯

Humbling and big respect to those who can and do with seemingly so much ease and so little braking 8)

r1chardh
    Free Member

Mind blown. I could barely watch it at that speed, let alone cope with the rocks, trees, roots, drops, jumps… Incredible.

themilo
    Free Member

Wow indeed. I’m blown away by that. That’s a good afternoons riding for me I reckon and I think I’d still be stoked at the end of it. Probably a full set of pads and several pairs of clean shorts required too! Inspiring!

markcurtains
    Free Member

bigjim – Member

Billy Big Spuds over here. 😉

Reckon I could do it. Eventually.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Always blown away by that vid, I’ve actually ridden a few bits of it and the speed difference is mind blowing, even if I forget for a second that it’s 4-5 trails worth that I would have taken probably in 2-3 bites each. His fitness is amazing.

Wookster

Sandwich – Member
    I’ve worked out that the lack of tapes in the woods is what makes me slow. That and being unable to breathe like a phone sex pest for 15 minutes!
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

😆

deviant
    Free Member

Where is that?

chakaping
    Free Member

The woods behind Nationwide in Swindon.

Wookster

Whistler, it’s at Crankworks.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I think he pretty much triples the rock slab jump into 2nd part of no joke, which is just insane. Riding over it was enough for me!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Dan Atherton Enduro…wow!!’ is closed to new replies.