Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Damp walls help
  • scratch
    Free Member

Noticed some damp starting to form at the top of one of my bedroom walls a few months back, investigated further and found it was a result of nextdoors chimney, next door have removed the top section of the chimney but the damps starting to comeback.

I’m thinking the lower section could do with some re-pointing + there’s no covers on the top so any waters going in and running down (its unused as a chimney so never dries out)

Popped up into the loft again just now, the very top internal brickwork and cement is dry, lower down the cement is almost wet, you can scrap it off with your fingers, main solution is to sort the chimney but once done is there anyway of speeding the drying process up of the wall? Dehumidifier? the attics well vented as it is.

The damp on the walls has never dried out due to the amount of damp in the brickwork above, its not something that has ever recovered once it started.

Neighbours….its doing my head in! If it were my chimney I’d have had it sorted the week it started.

Balls! wrong forum!

ricky1
    Free Member

Get them to put the top back on,are you saying this is the problem,needs a pot putting back on,then sealing properly,where do you live?

matt_outandabout

Get a cowled pot on ASAP, to keep rain out and ventilation going.

scratch
    Free Member

They took the top of the stack off and left the lower section (the top part was the worst part) I think they capped it with a couple of flat tiles, looking around on the street, if you were going to do this you’d mount two tiles in an arch to form a run-off or put a semi-circular type over the top.

Cougar

Balls! wrong forum!

MTFY.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Damp walls help’ is closed to new replies.