Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • damn tri is full, need a cornwall/devon challenge april!
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

nicely gearing up to do a tri in april, enjoying having a goal to train to, but just this morning found out its full already.

does anyone know of any interesting challenges in devon/cornwall around april time?

slugwash
    Free Member

If you can drop the running and swimming and just do a long bike ride then there’s the South Hams Hammer Sportive on the 1st of April.

http://www.southhamshammer.co.uk/

This one almost goes past my house and follows several miles of my daily ride into work so I feel like I’ve done it already 😉

Also, check out EnduranceLife they’ve got an offroad marathon on Exmoor in April (dunno if it’s full ‘cos I can’t get the site to work on my laptop at the moment)

instanthit
    Free Member

Devon Dirt, end of April, more a pleasant day out with mates around bits of Dartmoor, but very enjoyable.

phil.w
    Free Member

Lovely location the Exmoor round of the Endurance Life races, I did the 10k last year, might have to go back this year.

carriegold
    Free Member

have you checked out Entry Central to see what else is going on?

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve done the Endurance Life South Devon Coastal half marathon, and it’s very nice and that but at £39 a pop I just can’t afford that again. Luckily, I live local and can run the route anytime without the crowds (If I ever get bored with running around Dartmoor)

The Sportive’s ^^^ also £25, which is lot for me to pay for a day’s ride on local lanes. (I’m not criticising the organisers of the above events. I’m just short of cash with more pressing commitments) I might do the sportive route another day and donate a nominal amount to their chosen charity Diabetes UK. 🙂

Anyway, I’ve got wardrobe bursting with souvenir T-shirts, I don’t need another one 😉

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Devon dirt, good call. That came up last year. That maybe the one.

Didnt know about event central, will check it out.

Sportives, the high entry fees have always put me off. Audax though seem cool, same thing but withouht a commemorative t shirt? Good audax calender in cornwall I believe.

richardk
    Free Member

April for a tri? brrrrr

Anyway, not much around then
    Aquathon?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘damn tri is full, need a cornwall/devon challenge april!’ is closed to new replies.