Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Damn inconsiderate dog owners
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Seems every man and his kid has a dog now, just about every house in the area seems to have bought one in the last month or so, and now of course there's a sodding cacophony of dog barks when one is left for 5 minutes or someone walks near someone elses drive. One barks, that triggers one 500 yards away, all the ones in the middle can't be left out, two start howling like wolves. Jesus christ, what is it with some dog owners, why the hell can't they see that they make sitting out in the garden like having a weekend break at a kennels. I swear I'm going to start poisoning soon 👿

donsimon
    Free Member

Miserable git. 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

yr urban conurbation iz saracin

trout
    Free Member

Hav`nt you got a drop off to nail instead of moaning about the odd woof woof 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

I love dogs. That are controlled. I even don't mind the odd bout of barks when they get excited, that's fine, I'm glad they're happy. But does it really need to be every 2 minutes? Really, when we had dogs they were quiet unless they were in the fields. Does no-one discipline their dog anymore, or think of their neighbours?

I DO have a dropoff to do, and I have purposefully installed my extra 1" springs and serviced my forks for the effort too. But I pulled my back again and have just been getting back to functional again. I'll get on with it this week!

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

F@@K dogs and their owners, HHHHHHHHHHATE THEM!!!

They should be phased out IMO

donsimon
    Free Member

They don't have a very high opinion of you either!

DezB
    Free Member

[edit]

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Another reason why I don't keep a gun in the house

By Billy Collins

The neighbors' dog will not stop barking.
    He is barking the same high, rhythmic bark
    that he barks every time they leave the house.
    They must switch him on on their way out.

The neighbors' dog will not stop barking.
    I close all the windows in the house
    and put on a Beethoven symphony full blast
    but I can still hear him muffled under the music,
    barking, barking, barking,

and now I can see him sitting in the orchestra,
    his head raised confidently as if Beethoven
    had included a part for barking dog.

When the record finally ends he is still barking,
    sitting there in the oboe section barking,
    his eyes fixed on the conductor who is
    entreating him with his baton

while the other musicians listen in respectful
    silence to the famous barking dog solo,
    that endless coda that first established
    Beethoven as an innovative genius.

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

They don't have a very high opinion of you either!

that may be the case, but I don't crap on pavements and playing fields and leave it for other people to tread in, I don't create a racket in the day or night to irritate my neighbours, or sniff around complete strangers, bark at them, bite them, chase or harass passers by & cyclists.

rubberneck
    Free Member

ALL DOGS SHOULD BE MUZZLED AND ON LEADS AT ALL TIMES, STOPS THEM SHITTING WHERE THE OWNERS CANT SEE (great excuse, eh!),,,,,,,AND EATING KIDS.

EVEN WHEN THEY 'CLEAN' THE TURD UP THEY ARE STILL LEAVING A BIT OF THE FILTH BEHIND

IM SICK OF IT (i come back from my local ride smelling of shoite more than i do not).

toys19
    Free Member

Coffeking Sirjonlordofbike and rubberneck have the right idea. Dogs are noisy, shitty, dangerous bastards that need to to be tagged, dna tested and licensed. I would like to see a system where any shit on the road/path or footpath is DNA tested to find the owner and they tits fined off them.

Tiger6791

We used to get this, then we moved to a better area.

I jest, off course!

Owners fault, not the dogs go round and own them with bombers.

donsimon
    Free Member

that may be the case, but I don't crap on pavements and playing fields and leave it for other people to tread in, I don't create a racket in the day or night to irritate my neighbours, or sniff around complete strangers, bark at them, bite them, chase or harass passers by & cyclists.

ALL DOGS SHOULD BE MUZZLED AND ON LEADS AT ALL TIMES, STOPS THEM SHITTING WHERE THE OWNERS CANT SEE (great excuse, eh!),,,,,,,AND EATING KIDS.

EVEN WHEN THEY 'CLEAN' THE TURD UP THEY ARE STILL LEAVING A BIT OF THE FILTH BEHIND

IM SICK OF IT (i come back from my local ride smelling of shoite more than i do not).

My dog has to put up with wan***s on bikes who come flying past with out slowing down literaly scaring the shit out of her. But you don't find her ranting on internet forums.

Maybe you should be directing your anger at the people who train/allow them to crap everywhere. Inconsiderate and intolerant people are the problem. Perhaps we should kill all wild animals? Or are you 100% sure it's domestic dog crap?

I also trust that you carry a little bottle for you trailside necessities and don't just pi55 in an area I'm likely to sit/put my hand!! You have never left any litter defacing the countryside? Don't drive a car polluting the air? Smoke? That you separate all your litter for recycling? Don't buy products with excess packaging from supermarkets?

It must be difficult being perfect!!!

therider
    Free Member

I belive it was billy connolly who said "dogs are very clever. think about it? when did you see a dog last stand in a human s@%t?"

dogs do make a mess, some owners dont clean them up which is wrong, cars run over people and kill them, floods happen, famin, war, cancer, illness, murder ect, dont think dogs are the end of the world do you?

and your saying youve never had a piss outside on a ride? im sure the local farmer has the same rant about you wetting yourself where his animals eat. oh animals cows sheep can they p@Iss outside is it allowed?

donsimon
    Free Member

There are threads around where people are saying that taking toilet paper on a ride is a must, which I assume means they have a crap mid ride. Are you sure you're ranting about dog crap and not fellow rider crap. Now that's disgusting!

VanHalen

the owners are inconsiderate **** not hte dogs.

i got bitten on monday riding (up a massive hill So i wasnt riding fast or inconsiderately) and the owner ha no control whatsoever and thought i was in the wrong after i tried to boot the **** into kent following it making a 2" gash in my leg.

the owner was a fat stupid pikey bitch. unlike the dog who wasnt fat.

VanHalen

just to add ying to my yang:

some dogs are loverly. there is a chocolate lab on my commute that pretty much encourages me on the last bit of the climb and is very friendly. the owner has been blessed with a few braincells mind.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Dog rants are great, sometimes whilst walking my dog I chat to other dog owners and we rant together about other dogs – making a mess, being aggressive, noisy, out of control…

hora
    Free Member

Our nextdoor neighbours dog is a nightmare. You can really see how badly it stresses the family out. A few times I've almost said 'get rid' but I don't know them enough 😆

failedengineer

There's just too many of them, IMHO. Dog breeding should be severely restricted and licences brought back. Restrict owners to one dog, unless they are working dogs of course. Some breeds should be banned altogether – what's the point of a Rottweiler for instance?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think you're right failedengineer – there are just too many of them, the odd out of control dog would be at worst a minor inconvenience, but a whole sodding village of them is a pain.

Coffeking Sirjonlordofbike and rubberneck have the right idea. Dogs are noisy, shitty, dangerous bastards that need to to be tagged, dna tested and licensed. I would like to see a system where any shit on the road/path or footpath is DNA tested to find the owner and they tits fined off them.

Actually remember somewhere doing this, they were DNA testing the poo and using it as proof if they caught dogs at it in future. Dog poo is a whole other rant, another hate of mine but I felt it a little seperate from this rant.

Tiger – I'm in about the best neighbourhood for 20 miles, I thought I was relatively free of such troubles! It seems there has been a recent increase in dog ownership for those in need of company, why people can't just get a friend or a wife/husband/partner instead of 3 F-off great dogs is beyond me. Really do think people just don't think enough about their animals' training or the effect their actions have on others.

The same goes for music/TVs on loud – sure you're in your home and allowed to do what you lke within reason, but not if you're stopping someone else doing what they like because all they can hear is your bass through the walls, you're a 40 year old guy living at home with your parents, surely you can see the latest dance music isn't everyones taste and USE SOME HEADPHONES. I'm all for people having parties occasionally, being able to do DIY/work on cars/have loud cars if it's done occasionally and/or reasonable times, but christ – why did you buy an exhaust-less petrol mower to an mow 8ftx8ft bit of grass, is it some sort of "keeping up with the joneses"?

They'll all pay when I finally get my other car running again, I'll wait until 3am then sit and rev the crackers off it. Oh hang on, that'll get me section 59'd and my car removed. Wonder if we can do this with dogs?

cranberry
    Free Member

I would like to see a system where any shit on the road/path or footpath is DNA tested to find the owner and they tits fined off them

…the owners have their noses publicly rubbed in the shit.

anagallis_arvensis

Actually remember somewhere doing this, they were DNA testing the poo and using it as proof if they caught dogs at it in future.

wouldnt most of the dna in a dog turd be from whatever the dog had eaten?

coffeeking
    Free Member

wouldnt most of the dna in a dog turd be from whatever the dog had eaten?

Pass, I'm no CSI! Though I expect they'd get samples from the surface where it's slid along the colon wall and scraped off some cells.

And at a guess, I reckon they can tell the difference between dog DNA and food animal DNA 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

dogs do make a mess, some owners dont clean them up which is wrong, cars run over people and kill them, floods happen, famin, war, cancer, illness, murder ect, dont think dogs are the end of the world do you?

But none of those are comparable to scooping up the shit your dog deposits on a pavement and disposing of it yourself as any responsible dog owner should do.

And has anyone ever known anyone be fined for allowing their dog to crap everywhere?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

OP; come and stay with me for a week. When you get back home, you'll fnd it so quiet and peaceful it will be wonderful.

Actually, I remember returning to London after staying in New York, and being pleasantly surprised by how quiet and relaxed it was by comparison! 🙂

therider
    Free Member

fined, yes, i have two collies and am responsable, while walking them round the block in keswick saw some tosser leaving a dog shit in the path (poodle or somthing), when i asked him to pick it up he started to go on one and get agresive, he tryed to push me, the local copper saw this he got dragged of cautioned for assault and fined for the tird

therider
    Free Member

stuff dog crap, what about cats, come in the garden no one ever clears that up till you put your hand in it while sorting the garden, CATS the real menace to society!!!

midgebait
    Free Member

Whinge, whinge, whinge … 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm glad there are responsible dog owners around, I've met a few now including one who apologised profusely for someone else leaving their dog poo on the trail that I rode through and got coated in (I did suspect guilt TBH but she did have bags with her!) but seeing as apparently most dog owners are not responsible it would be nice to see some control.

As for cats – I've owned cats for years, all of our cats poo'd in our garden, buried it and rarely strayed so I can't really comment – I'm sure they are a problem to some people too, but they are territorial and tend to poo locally rather than elsewhere, moreso if there are more of them in an area as their territories get smaller.

Whinge, whinge, whinge …

And it's exactly that sort of attitude that's the problem. It's just common decency not to inconvenience/upset other people, seems some people lack that.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

stuff dog crap, what about cats, come in the garden no one ever clears that up till you put your hand in it while sorting the garden, CATS the real menace to society!!!

The thing with cats is that they aren't taken out by their owners, some of which just stand there watching as the crap is taken then walk off leaving it for someone else to stand in…

EDIT: But yes, cat shite is awful stuff and I would happily kill all my neighbours' cats to death for crapping in my vegetable tubs.

midgebait
    Free Member

And it's exactly that sort of attitude that's the problem. It's just common decency not to inconvenience/upset other people, seems some people lack that.

Not sure how you got to that. I own a dog although, surprisingly for STW, being a dog-owner doesn't define me. It annoys me that other dog owners can't pick up after their dogs, or control them. It annoys me that cats come and sh#t in my garden and kill or scare off every bird that's tried to nest there since I moved in. Climate change annoys me as do wars, famine, poverty etc. But whinging on an mtb forum isn't going to do much to help.

Off to do something useful now!

coffeeking
    Free Member

But whinging on an mtb forum isn't going to do much to help.

Bit hard to whinge in person and get something done about it really, isn't it?
    Incidentally not sure why you think the cats scared away your birds, they never did with ours – we had 4 full nest boxes in a 30ft square garden with 3 cats. Must be sensitive birds in your area!

therider
    Free Member

or just ended up as the cats tea

anagallis_arvensis

Pass, I'm no CSI! Though I expect they'd get samples from the surface where it's slid along the colon wall and scraped off some cells.

And at a guess, I reckon they can tell the difference between dog DNA and food animal DNA

i'm sure it could be done but dont think it would actually be very easy

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh god, its the monthly dog haters vs dog lovers thread.

ITS PEOPLE WHO ARE AT FAULT NOT THE DOGS!

failedengineer

I'm not blaming the dogs – but, I repeat, there are too many of them and too many big and agressive breeds that don't need to exist. There are too many cats too, but you can't control cat breeding in the same way. I like cats and my partner (note that I don't say me!) has got three. However, I would be mightily peed off if they were crapping in my garden. And they kill birds for fun. So, yes, control cats as well. But how?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Where DO your cats crap then? Someone elses garden? Is that ok with you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Damn inconsiderate dog owners’ is closed to new replies.