Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Dales Bike Centre Carrot Cake. 20/10
  • Jenga
    Free Member

Arguably the best carrot cake in Christendom. Even the vicar agreed.

Why bother with a trail centre when DBC has everything, and more, that anyone could ask for.

Excellent place.

Hooter
    Free Member

Mmmmm, it's always worth travelling for a good carrot cake 😀

Dalesbikecentre

Yes jenga… remember him upstairs is always watching!!

Seriously though cheers for that! Glad you had such a good time.

Just to get your taste buds going….

ourmaninthenorth

Is this some sort of viral marketing?

I've just had my Dales BC subscriber email land in my inbox, too!

Mmm. Cake.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

carrot cake is just WRONG

you will all see

the pearly gates

that's where

St Peter will be all like 'you ate cake with CARROT in. CARROT. It's a vegetable you heathens, get thee to Beelzebub.'

Purgatory is to good for you people 😡

AndyP
    Free Member

surely any cake which helps you meet your 5-a-day has to be praised.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

WRONG

cake IS a fruit and therefore counts anyway

miketually
    Free Member

carrot cake is just WRONG

A friend made a lovely chocolate cake that had courgette in it.

jmac
    Free Member

I quite agree that courgettes should be locked away! 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

A friend made a lovely chocolate cage that had courgette in it.

just had to quote as that's a lovely slip of the fingers

been watching some Bunuel films this week and the surrealism of a courgette in a chocolate cage appeals to me

back on topic though

you'd not even make it as far as the light at the end of the tunnel for crimes against baking like that.

miketually
    Free Member

Damn, got in with a quick edit, but the quote beat me 🙂

Dalesbikecentre

Easy! Can we not all have our own cake and eat it?! We've spare 🙂

To settle the matter we suggest a bake-off…. Icing pipes at dawn sir!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That settles it then. I'm off to Reeth (alright, Fremington) on Saturday to sample said cake!
    Might leave the bike at home & just eat cake & drink coffee all day, NOM NOM NOM 😀

ononeorange

Carrot cake = true, fine upstanding cake in a manly (or womanly) nation-saving sort of way. Without a doubt. The true King of Cakes.

DMB = Top bunch too.

Jenga – what bikes do vicars ride at mtb centres then? Just curious.

italspark
    Free Member

sorry to sound stoopid………what is dales bike centre ?

ononeorange

Click on the "DalesBikeCentre" name in green on their posts above. Top bunch.

Drac

It's on my list to visit next year.

miketually
    Free Member

Might leave the bike at home & just eat cake & drink coffee all day, NOM NOM NOM

I could easily have done that when I was up there. Sit in a comfy seat and read MTB magazines while a coffee and cakes gets brought out occasionally. 🙂

Dalesbikecentre

Ahh Yes Miketually – I do recall having to push you out the door in the morning to get some Kielder 100 training in your legs;-)

Italspark – Dales Bike Centre? some say we are purveors of fine cakage, some say the accommodation's is akin to 4 star 'hostel'(in small font) and some say it is 'the' bike centre in the Yorkshire Dales And some say we are a trail centre of natural trails! But not us, noooo not us we just say we bike centre in Swaledale with loads and loads of natural trails all around;-) Joking apart check out the website by clicking green name thingie and if you're heading to the Yorkshire Dales and need some advice give us a shout. Stu

shedfull
    Free Member

Is the war still on? I thought the only reason for carrot in cake was as a sweetener when sugar was rationed.

Still using powdered egg, too? 🙂

IA

Courgette is the devil's cucumber. And that's a fact, not a statistic.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ahh Drac, I see you've come to your senses at last! Go on, drag yourself away from those boring grassy Cheviots, bring Mackem with you & we'll have coffee & cake at Stu's.
    Hi Stu, get the kettle on. 'waves'

Bregante

Courgette is the devil's cucumber. And that's a fact, not a statistic.

I disagree. Surely cucumber IS the devils cucumber

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Surely cucumber IS the devils cucumber

Celery is the devils cucumber. FACT. It tastes of water and string and you burn more calories eating it than it provides. It's an anti-food. 🙄

Bregante

Surely cucumber IS the devils cucumber

Celery is the devils cucumber. FACT. It tastes of water and string and you burn more calories eating it than it provides. It's an anti-food.

But this is making the assumption that Cucumber is somehow a righteous vegetable in the first place and I just can't make that leap of faith. Cucumber is inherently evil. FACT

ononeorange

The answer is that cucumber, courgette and celery are the unholy trinity of Satan's vegetables. They are somehow one and three at the same time and are, errr, evil.

Fortunately carrots are on-hand to light the true path by appearing in cakes. That's how it works – FACT.

Bregante

ononeorange speaks the truth. I have seen the light

IA

I concede to ononeorange's logic. However, miketually's "friend", by putting the unholy courgette in a cake, is clearly attempting to subvert the righteous. Miketually found it "lovely" so clearly his soul is lost already…

Dalesbikecentre

Esselgruntfuttock – Sorry missed that wave, twas out on bike yesterday. Coffee tea and cake always at the ready here except Wednesday's during winter and we are having a week off over christmas, open up again Sunday (day after Boxing Day).
    From the grassy slopes of the Cheviots to the stone trails of the Dales? got to be a good day out Gromit!

AndyP
    Free Member

The answer is that cucumber, courgette and celery are the unholy trinity of Satan's vegetables. They are somehow one and three at the same time and are, errr, evil.
    a little harsh on courgette there. I'm no fan but surely Broccoli is the third vegetable in that particular trio?

miketually
    Free Member

I concede to ononeorange's logic. However, miketually's "friend", by putting the unholy courgette in a cake, is clearly attempting to subvert the righteous. Miketually found it "lovely" so clearly his soul is lost already…

My soul lives in a jam jar on a shelf in Brant's shed.

ononeorange

AndyP – In a cakeular context, broccoli would merely be a crinkly-leaved interloper, seeking to be only the devil’s messenger (and frankly would make any cake rather chewy. And possibly green, too).

I stick to my views that the path to cake hell is lined with the three C’s of doom – courgette, celery and cucumber. Cast them out before it is too late and follow in the certain footsteps of carrots! etc etc.

Jenga
    Free Member

Jenga – what bikes do vicars ride at mtb centres then? Just curious.

The vicar is a lady, and was on foot.

Courgettes in chocolate cake. I've heard of that before.

But brocoli?

surely Broccoli is the third vegetable in that particular trio

I don't care what Mrs says about it being full of iron and other such things. I hate the stuff.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Dales Bike Centre Carrot Cake. 20/10’ is closed to new replies.