Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dalby Red Route Heads Up
  • MtbCol
    Free Member

Just a quick heads up to anyone planning to ride the red, especially the Riggs and Dales sections back to the carpark.

White Cliffs section (3rd section along on the home stretch) is completely closed off due to Clixby’s reworking the lower area of the red route. (Read sanitization)It’s unridable so please don’t try as there isn’t any trail bed 2/3rds down. Oh and you run the risk of running into a great big mechanical thingummy too! From what I saw, there’s going to be 3 more wide berms added in place of those little ski jumps that were fun to ride.

Now here’s the fun bit – if you ride the first 2 Riggs, the detour takes you up a fireroad which to put it bluntly is a bastard slog right up to the top fireroad, gaining all the height back that you previously lost. My new route would be to cut out the Riggs up to White Cliffs and drop back in on the Riggs and Dales section after White Cliffs.

Unless you like long slog fireroad climbs and then you’re just masochistic! 😆

SingletrAction volunteers will be starting work soon on a black option to the left of White Cliffs red, so there hopefully will be some jumps and fun stuff built in there. We’re just waiting for FE to give us the go ahead. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long, as we’ve finished Crosscliffe which seems to be receiving good reports!

uplink
    Free Member

You couldn’t give me an idea of the details of your suggestion could you?

Looking atthis map are you suggesting turning left on the blue & green near Givendale farm & then dropping down the 3rd fire road on the left?

cheers

MtbCol
    Free Member

Drop onto the blue/green and then rejoin the red after turning left where the diversion signs are, you can’t miss them.

That’s my personal preference – that climb up the valley after Oblivion is a right pain in the rear – too long and too boring.

uplink
    Free Member

cheers – I do like Oblivion though, the beginning of it is one of my favourite bits

MtbCol
    Free Member

Yeah that part of the section is really nice, although my favourite at the moment is the last section back to Low Dalby, you can really attack it and get some serious speed up!

MtbCol
    Free Member

White Cliffs is back open!

Oh and stay off the brakes on the new berms, you don’t need to use them! 😈

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Red Route Heads Up’ is closed to new replies.